Nutro pulls Greenie dental chews from supermarket shelves

Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
edited 5 May, 2009 in Food & Nutrition

Comments

• edited 4 May, 2009
    Dagnabbit! I hate it when fleas put spaces in link codes.... New linky: Nutro pulls greenies I notice that they're not actually discontinuing the product. They're giving it to vets to distribute... as if that's going to make the product more safe. (insert eyeroll here)
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 4 May, 2009
    Thanks Loki for posting that live link, wish I could figure out how to do that, mol!
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 4 May, 2009
    Greenies are vicious things. My cats hate them, as well as Nutro food. And when I clicked on the link, I got infested with feral Smileys. Nasty.
  • Aaron LeeAaron Lee SeattleMember Posts: 251
    edited 5 May, 2009
    Actually, the only reson they are pulling them from grocery, drug and mass stores, is because they want to have them be a "pet store" only item. There's no concern over safety or ingredients. When Nutro bought "Greenies"/SM Nutech, they reformulated them twice, to ensure complete safety. edit: the "veterinary only" thing is wrong, you'll still see them at all pet specialty stores, just not stores like Target, Walmart etc.