It Seems Very Quiet On Catster Compared To A Year Ago

1235»

Comments

• edited 27 May, 2009
    THANK YOU MILES! YES, WE ARE MOST AWARE THAT US KITTIES ARE CAPABLE OF MORE LOVE THAN SOME HUMANS :c9 SORRY IF WE CAUSED SOME HISSIES ... KARMA EXITS THE FORUM
  • Ellie CarterEllie Carter SeattleMember Posts: 2,252
    edited 27 May, 2009
    ~a~~a~~a~ We love Catster too!!!! Just wish we could add some more hours to the day:?
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 May, 2009
    I agree with Sugar Bear's suggestions re: inactive groups. I think this subject came up some time ago when HQ started a thread asking for ideas to improve Catster and several members (including me) suggested ways to weed out these groups. There are so many that are basically dead - no activity in months, and sometimes the admin is gone, too (left the group and/or Catster). I would like to see HQ address this issue.
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 28 May, 2009
    yes, it\'s gotten quieter. i LOVE some of these suggestions...being able to comment on photos, for example, and more albums. i know, i know, i have lots of pictures up and it goes up to 100...right? but i\'d really like to do things like albums with themes. you know, an album of my cats grooming each other, or sleeping together, or an album of them doing really silly things. i\'d like to do a montage of my cats like i have on my myspace page, but catster is persnickety about outside apps, and even though i have the catster codes sheet somehow i\'m just not getting it. more ways to express our feline selves and more ways to interact on each other\'s pages would be great...and would it be that hard to let each cat give their \'status\', like they do on myspace and FB? free rosies would be excellent too, and please not the obnoxious Febreze collars. a CATSTER free rosie, please. purrrlease?:^: also-and i hate to mention this-yes, there can be a dark side to catster, as there is in anything hoomans get their opposable thumbs into. i myself don\'t post quite as much as i once did, and usually restrict myself to \'safe\' areas, which are frequented by people who i am especially friendly with. not because i want to be exclusive, but because i got tired of getting nasty pmails and having my posts go up in a poof of cyber-smoke. some forums i can post in and no one objects to my style and subject matter, other forums...it\'s a problem. for awhile i felt i MYSELF was the problem, but i spent some time as a lurker and discovered that other people could and did say much the same things and they weren\'t being notified on-i\'d obviously just upset some people, or they just didn\'t like me, or whatever. which is fine. i don\'t like everyone on the planet, and everyone on the planet does not have to like me. but the way the notify system is set up, three people is enough to get a post pulled and it\'s not that hard to get two of your friends to agree with you and really make someone\'s life on catster hard. so yes, this is also something that needs to be addressed. reporting it to hq isn\'t necessarily going to help, i think what needs to happen is some sort of modification in the \'notify\' system. not sure what, exactly, though i have some ideas this isn\'t necessarily the place for them. but a system where three people can so easily chase someone\'s posts through the site, courtesy of the \'my posts\' function is just asking for abuse. i love the my posts function, actually...but it can be abused. speaking of dying groups, i\'ve LOST one. one of my groups that i was actually an admin of is no longer in my list of groups. anyone know how that could happen? and it\'s a private group, so it\'s sort of an \'i can\'t get there from here\' situation...:?
  • Humphrey HauntedHumphrey Haunted CaliforniaMember Posts: 10,753
    edited 28 May, 2009
    Me too, Felix! My brother and angel sister and I have been deleting ourselves as members from the inactive groups lately too, so we aren't contributing to the confusion - like if one of our friends in there sees us and thinks we are active there but we aren't - that's no good. ::o I see no way to delete groups btw bc I have looked, as an administrator - I was asked to help with a couple of groups when I was fairly new and two of these groups never had any activity so I would like to delete them but for some reason I can't. :?
    edited 28 May, 2009
    I finks having shome games from time to time where we could earn zealies would be great! We didn't mind the Fabreze collars, bc we were glad we could send out a lot more comments to our friends attached to them - they were kind of silly looking which made them fun in a way and we did love the fact they were free! - the free doggy treat bag wash kewl recently, but it would have been nice to have kitty treats too we could have sent. |$| Being able to group photos into albums would be super and being able to comment to friends photos would alsho be great. Hey we can now comment to our friends diaries and I love that. So maybe HQ ish going to give ush shome photo comment options too - I hopes sho, yesh! :c9
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 28 May, 2009
    :rdidn\'t mean to insult the Febreze collars:r the main problem is they were so...BIG. and they were free, so we got, like, dozens of them. a bit overwhelming.
  • Ellie CarterEllie Carter SeattleMember Posts: 2,252
    edited 28 May, 2009
    Kaya, about your missing group, I would write HQ and ask them to fix it... explain the situation to them and they may be able to fix it
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 29 May, 2009
    ...Not to mention abusive p-mails filled with obscenities that surely no seven-year-old should be exposed to. I open my p-mails with trepidation every day. Up until I haven\'t mentioned it, but I have been afraid that I myself would be blamed for having incited these p-mails, and have kept quiet.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 29 May, 2009
    Harvey: This is sick, and certainly not in the spirit of CATSTER. Please be sure and notify HQ. Imagine there would be a way to trace the p-mails, especially since the image of the cat is on the mail. The New Orleans Kitties
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 29 May, 2009
    Harvey that is terrible. I know there have been a few times when we have gotten mean P mails or ever rosettes before and we have blocked the kitty. It doesn't happen too often though so we still love catster
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 29 May, 2009
    Harvey, it's unacceptable for anyone to send you nasty, angry, threatening and/or obsene pmails for any reason whatsoever -- it's horrid and it's against the Catster spirit and against the rules. Don't let anyone bully you and don't put up with it any longer! You need to block the sender from sending you any more pawmails and notify HQ. Don't feel that you brought it on yourself or that any one is entitled to treat you that way or say those things to you.
  • Mietzi_KatzeMietzi_Katze IowaMember Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 May, 2009
    Harvey you definately should tell HQ. Doesn't matter if it has been awhile since that person sent you those sick pmails. There are a lot of children here who have set up pages for their pets. For THEIR sake please tell HQ. Imagine a child getting the same obsene pmail that you have gotten. This individual needs to be banned from catster/dogster.
  • Ashley SmithAshley Smith IndependenceMember Posts: 77
    edited 1 June, 2009
    I've never been on her last year, so I don't know what the activity was like but I do know I'm going to love Catster.
    edited 2 June, 2009
    There are RULES on Catster and anything obscene or cruel or out of line needs to be reported to HQ immediately and you can block whoever did it as well - we've never had anything like that happen here and we are very grateful that Catster has so little of that - but it should never happen ever. Please report these people bc if you don't HQ can't take action bc they don't know about it - other people need to be protected. This is a site where it's supposed to be safe for even 7 year olds and one of the things we love about it.
  • Samantha DrewSamantha Drew Member Posts: 920
    edited 26 June, 2009
    I agree also that Catster seems alot quieter than it used to be. Its really why I don't post much anymore. For awhile traffic was really low and it took forever for new threads to start. I don't visit here as much as Dogster for that reason. But im back to give it anouther shot because it is fun. And all forums go through slower periods. But they always pick back up again.
  • Deboraha PusateriDeboraha Pusateri WellsvilleMember Posts: 2,675
    edited 9 July, 2009
    We admin on several groups, many are both Cat & Dog groups, and we can definately say that we are seeing a LOT less activity this year compared to last year. We also hear a lot of Facebook & My Space chatter but we do NOT belong to Facebook or My Space. We are happy here and have fun so that's all that counts. We reach out to a lot of New members so we c an get some activity going.
1235»