Automatic feeder?

AgreenAgreen Member Posts: 74
edited 29 May, 2009 in Food & Nutrition
I have a question about getting an automatic cat feeder. I wasn't sure if this was the right board! I am very specific about the times I eat. Unfortunately, Mom has a hard time keeping up with my schedule. Sometimes she's not awake early, or she can't come home right at 5:00 to feed me. Mom is looking for an automatic cat feeder. Basically, it would be ideal to have something like a sealed box with an egg timer on it that pops open at a specific time. Mom will always be around at least three times a day to fill it, just not the specific times I like to eat. Has anyone bought a feeder like that? What products or ideas do you recommend?

Comments

• Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 22 May, 2009
    We use this one, we feed only wet and it works great for that as you can put ice packs in the bottom :) http://www.americas-pet-store.com/details/prodid/94.html
  • AgreenAgreen Member Posts: 74
    edited 23 May, 2009
    That looks perfect, actually. Thanks!
  • Diane WallineDiane Walline Hamlin (suburb of Rochester)Member Posts: 500
    edited 27 May, 2009
    We have this one http://tinyurl.com/PetmateAutoFeeder but its for dry food. But you can set it to go off 3 times a day and can feed anywhere from 1/4 cup to 2 cups at each feeding
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 27 May, 2009
    I use the PetSafe 5 compartment feeder It works very well =; The bowl has 5 compartments that you fill with food. There is a digital timer thingy that you program. The bowl rotates under the lid to allow access to the food. The lid has an opening for you to get to the food.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 29 May, 2009
    The PetMate 2 compartment feeder isn't really all that good. Sure, at first it worked well, but after a couple of weeks it steadily got worse, and now it's moody (but mom keeps it because we get upset if it's not there). We are always having problems with ours, not to mention that I have learned to open it at will. Mom says if she had to do it over again, she would have invested in one of the more expensive feeder, if only not to have to guesstimate things (sometimes she sets the timer for 8 hours, and it will take 12 hours to open), and have it withstand her little genius cat (me).
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 May, 2009
    Mom bought the PERFECT PETFEEDER one year ago. It is pricey, but it will stand up to everything. Being diabetic, timing is important. And since mom\'s health is not good, having it preset means I get to eat! It is programmable up to 6 times a day. You can set the amount of food it drops from just a few pieces (for snacks) to large meals. We have been happy with it and never regretted buying it. It has made my life and mom\'s life a lot easier. Customer service is great too. It\'s solid and will hold a lot of food. Hazel Lucy