Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Miami Catster, Keep your cats inside!

Maggie BradshawMaggie Bradshaw Member Posts: 506
I just read this story on CNN about a sadistic feline killer who is mulitating and killing innocent kitties in the Miami area. Just another reason to keep your cat indoors, who knows what kind of sickos are out there! http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/11/florida.cats.killed/index.html

Comments

• Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Yes, we have been following this story off Catster, it is very disturbing. There are some real sick people around...
  • Leigh PetersonLeigh Peterson AkronMember Posts: 796
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I heard yesterday that they think it is a dog or pack of dogs. Any news on that?
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Hi Charlie, the stories I have read point to a person. I don't want to post any details as to why though...
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 17 February, 2011
    I feel so bad for Tommy's little girl. I can just picture her getting the news, and it breaks my heart. Her mother is right, whoever did this is not a person, but an animal.
  • Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu MiamiMember Posts: 1,175
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Oh, no! There are SO many stray kitties roaming around the streets around here. Luckly, mine are always inside.
  • Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu MiamiMember Posts: 1,175
    edited 17 February, 2011
    :(( Does anyone know if dogs are involved too? I have to know what happened to both my nine month old puppies, and this has me thinking.
  • Maggie BradshawMaggie Bradshaw Member Posts: 506
    edited 17 February, 2011
    http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_greenbay_girl_gets_note_from_pres_20090611_rev1 it is definitely not an real animals attacking these poor cats but a human with no humanity. (there was a group of cats found dead but it was determined a pack of dogs for them) what a sicko, it looks like things are getting worse. please keep your cats inside! these people are sick and twisted and I hope they get caught soon and get whats coming for them. People who do things like this to animals are no less likely to do something like this to a helpless child. Its really messed up.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Phil, you can be a human being and still be an animal rather than a person. To be a person, you need to exhibit a commitment to abide (whether passively or actively) the laws of human decency, one of which is to respect life and not cause death unnecessarily. To be a person, it takes having that sort of decency. Lacking this, the human being that did this is not, morally speaking, a real person. He or she is more like a vicious animal having no such moral compass, or else s/he wouldn't be doing this. That was the point the woman quoted in the article you linked made, and I fully agree with it.
  • Lauren FrancisLauren Francis Member Posts: 122
    edited 17 February, 2011
    It's stories like these that make me really wonder about the human race. How can someone do that? I just don't understand. I look at my cat and see the love in his eyes, I watch him play and see his attitude and I don't get how someone could do this to an animal that very obviously has feelings. It makes me sick
  • Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Sadly, this type of thing happens in every state everyday. This one has just gotten some press becuase he\'s being so public about it. PLEASE JOIN ANIMAL WELFARE ADVOCATES ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17TH, AT 7:00 PM AT THE PALMETTO BAY VILLAGE CENTER 18001 OLD CUTLER ROAD in the “PALM ROOM” We will be discussing the torture and mutilation of over 30 cats in Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay. Topics include an investigation update, rumor control, safety tips for your family and pets, and ways you can participate in the crime watch process. “Animal Planet”, local, and national media will be filming the meeting – please come with your family, neighbors and friends. In attendance will be:Dr. Sara Pizano – Director of the Miami-Dade Animal Services Department,Law Enforcement from Palmetto/Cutler Bay,State Attorney’s Office prosecutor,and others TBA. In the event that the killer is apprehended before June 17th, this meeting will be cancelled. This meeting is not about assigning responsibility or blame to any law enforcement agency. We are holding this meeting for public education and information from the experts.
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 17 February, 2011
    This person needs to have the same thing done to him!!!!!
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 17 February, 2011
    This is so sad - please keep your kitties indoors - no matter how bad they want out. - Remember it might be the last time you see your precious little one. We are so worried that this BEAST will not be caught. Purring.|:||:||:|