What breed am I?

Sarah WilliamsSarah Williams Member Posts: 1
edited 13 June, 2009 in Kitten Corner
I just adopted my kitten from the Honolulu Humane Society. He is fun and energetic- always up when we want to sleep. He is pretty vocal and VERY curious. He loved to be around people and to play with anything he can. He is shorthaired and is mostly grey and white. His legs have stripes and his body has spots. He has markings on his head that look like eyebrows or an "M". Does anyone know what breed he is, I have thought of some kind of Tabby or Ocicat? Thanks

Comments

• Melissa ParrishMelissa Parrish Member Posts: 44
    edited 11 June, 2009
    I would guess Tabby. I am no expert though. My kitten looks very similar. Stripes and spots. My vet called her coat "exotic". LOL!
  • JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 June, 2009
    A "cat of unknown origin"., a mix-breed cat, is called a "Domestic Shorthair." A longhair cat of unknown origin is a Domestic Longhair. Your coat coloring is tabby, and contrary to popular belief "tabby" is NOT a breed or type of cat, but is a coat patterning. :-h
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 12 June, 2009
    :-h Hi Kona and welcome to Catster!! You look alot like me. I'm a Domestic Medium Hair with the coloration of a Tabby. I have the M (really a double M with a small m in the M) on my forehead, stripes on my legs and spots on my tummy. You are adorable (just like me)!! :)) |:|
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 12 June, 2009
    You are a brown tabby like me--and the up and down stripes and spots like we have makes us mackerel tabbies. There are 3 tabby patterns--Mackerel, like us, Classic, where the stipes make a bullseye on the kitty's side, and 'agouti, or ticked' where the stripes are not distinct but are a darker color on the end of each hair.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 12 June, 2009
    Just to give a picture of what a classic tabby looks like, with the bullseye, Cowboy is a red classic tabby. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Sara KangSara Kang Member Posts: 403
    edited 13 June, 2009
    You could have some Bengal in you:) Are you super affectionate, intelligent, and inquisitive?;)