Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

NEW! Dick Van Patten\'s Limited Ingredient Diet Green Pea and Salmon and Green Pea and Chicken

Comments

• Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu MiamiMember Posts: 1,175
    edited 28 June, 2009
    They have Green Pea and Salmon and Green Pea and Chicken in canned formulas too!
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 29 June, 2009
    I wish my kitties would eat the Natural Balance LID. They spit it out and refused to go near it, and these two are normally gluttons.
  • Kerri ZimmermanKerri Zimmerman WinnipegMember Posts: 448
    edited 30 June, 2009
    I am so glad to see that Natural Balance is coming out with more Limited Ingredients flavors. But I haven't seen them at any stores in my city as of yet????
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 June, 2009
    I'm glad they're coming out with new flavors, too! =D> Our vet wanted us to try a limited ingredients formula for my IBD and Beastie's skin problems. We liked the NB Green Pea & Duck dry pretty well, but wouldn't touch the wet, either the duck or venison versions. Since mom wants us to eat mostly wet (she just leaves a little dry out when she goes to work so we don't have to starve until she gets home), it kind of defeated the purpose. But we do usually love salmon and chicken, so maybe there's still hope! =;
  • donna hudsondonna hudson Member Posts: 29
    edited 15 July, 2009
    Hi I emailed natural balance and they said the new flavors will be shipping in a couple of weeks I am dying to try the chicken my sensitive bellied boy has been on the duck and pea for months;c;
  • donna hudsondonna hudson Member Posts: 29
    edited 17 July, 2009
    pet food direct has the two new flavors;c; %:D% :-h
  • Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu MiamiMember Posts: 1,175
    edited 17 July, 2009
    I bought the cans while ago, but I haven't fed them yet.
  • Jordan SpivaJordan Spiva Los Angeles,CAMember Posts: 355
    edited 17 July, 2009
    why the heck do they have peas as the first ingredient????
  • Kerri ZimmermanKerri Zimmerman WinnipegMember Posts: 448
    edited 17 July, 2009
    Hi Cupido.... Since your kitty has a sensitive tummy I would be careful with a quick switch in flavors. And also many cats that have sensitive tummies alot of it is caused by chicken/beef/fish...I hope they work for your kitty though. It's always nice to be able to feed multiple flavors to our kitties for variety.
  • Julia CollinsJulia Collins Member Posts: 117
    edited 18 July, 2009
    Personally...peas as the first ingredient? They're carnivores, for gosh sakes. It's like cheap foods in a way-except that "corn gluten meal" isn't the first ingredient and it's peas instead.
  • Sharon MurphySharon Murphy SurreyMember Posts: 1,652
    edited 18 July, 2009
    I'd rather feed my cats peas than "corn gluten meal"...but yeah...it's weird.
  • Suzanne BrunerSuzanne Bruner Member Posts: 440
    edited 19 July, 2009
    Well, the canned doesn't have Pea as the first ingredient and canned is better anyway... but I am a little aggravated that the dry food has it first.