Cat Litter

SonnyBono BucherSonnyBono Bucher Member Posts: 3,534
edited 5 July, 2009 in Plus Informational
I don\'t know if I am in the right place or not if not please tell me. My question: Besides the \"Natural Litter\" is there a litter that has very little dust and has odor control, if you know I would be so happy to hear from you, :-/:-/

Comments

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    edited 3 July, 2009
    We like Tidy Cats scoop. Mommy says the dust is not as bad as other clay scoopable brands and it controls odor really well (there are 6 of us so we really put it to the test). And we are Persians with big sensitive eyes (except for Maggie) so Mommy worries about dust. But The World\'s Best Cat litter which is made from corn (all natural) has low dust and also works really well on odor. It just costs too much for so many litterboxes and since us kitties prefer the Tidy Cats, that\'s what Mommy gets.
  • SonnyBono BucherSonnyBono Bucher Member Posts: 3,534
    edited 3 July, 2009
    Thanks Allie, I will have to tell Momcat to try it, ;c;
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    edited 3 July, 2009
    We use Fresh Step scoopable unscented in 1 box and Dr Elsey's Cat attract in our second box. Fresh Step is extremely dusty, but we like it so mom does not want to mess with us. Dr Elsey's has much less dust we think. Both seem to control odor good, but mom scoops our boxes 2 times a day- so that makes a difference.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 4 July, 2009
    We use Dr Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra for multiple cats and like it. It's low dust; clumps well, and controls odors well. It only runs about $15 - $16 for a big 40 pound bag too at our local PetSmart. Our other favorite is Fresh Step Scoop for multiple cats, but it's much dustier and more expensive. Mickey has asthma, so low dust is important for us. We've tried some other natural litters like Feline Pine and The World's Best Cat Litter, but we didn't like them (although the human did). We have a strong preference for clay, clumping litters.
    edited 4 July, 2009
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INFORMATION, MOMCAT JUST CALLED OUR PETSMART AND THEY CARRY DR. ELSEY\'S PRECIOUS CAT ULTRA LITTER, SHE IS GOING TO TRY THAT. I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO KIND TO TAKE THE TIME TO HELP US OUT, THIS MEANS THE WORLD TO US, *HUGS* PRESLEY ~ ;c;;c;
  • Tessa TaylorTessa Taylor Member Posts: 15,662 ✭✭
    edited 4 July, 2009
    Presly, I use the Swheat cat litter. It has low dust, controls odor well and is clumpable and sccopable , and you are able to flush down the toilet; it is less expensive at Superpetz but you can get it at Petsmart!=;
    edited 5 July, 2009
    Thank you Tessa, all of you have been such a great help to both my sisfur Paris and me and we love you for that ;c;;c;