Kitten eye problem

matt deanmatt dean Member Posts: 41
edited 4 August, 2009 in Kitten Corner
Have 2, 4 week old kittens who are just now becoming a hand full. Eve for the past week has been having eye crusties that have been causing her eyes to be stuck shut and become very hard. I asked 2 vets and they just said to wipe it off with a warm towel. I dont like seeing her with her eyes crusted shut all the time and I was wondering if I should take her in and see if she can get help or do what the vet said and just clean it off. She enjoys running around the room with her sissy Meeka, attacking their mommy when shes sleeping.

Comments

• stef andstef and LemesosMember Posts: 1,132
    edited 3 August, 2009
    You can wipe them with a warm towel but another more successful way to get rid of those crusties, is to make a chamomile tea and then pour some on the towel. Make sure that is not too hot, and then wipe the kitten's eyes. You might need to do this more than one time(for example,in the morning and in the afternoon.)
  • Holly WareHolly Ware BirminghamMember Posts: 1,316
    edited 4 August, 2009
    Are we talking about a bit of crustiness keeping them shut after waking up, or crustiness until you fix it? My 3 week fosters often have fused up eyes after sleep, but I took them to the vet about it (after my rescue said it was fine) and they said that this was normal, apparently you only need to worry if the eyes became inflamed, the fusing always needed help, or if the crustiness gained a colour.