is he just a runt?

Melissa MatherneMelissa Matherne San MarcosMember Posts: 46
edited 12 August, 2009 in Kitten Corner
I adopted an 8 week old kitten that was the 5 week old size, or so i was told. We're at the 10 and a half week point now and he's not much bigger. :r He still has baby fuzz, and his coat doesn't look like it's coming in, i doubt he'll be long hair but he's not fluffy at all. I haven't had a chance to get him into a vet just yet, but will soon but I'm a little worried about the tiny guy. He's eating just fine, not malnourished. So I'm wondering is this typical of a runt? :?

Comments

• edited 6 August, 2009
    He is adorable. :c9 And to me he doesn't seem that undersized. I haven't been around many cats, but I think Sabrina was smaller then him and we got her when she was... six? weeks or something from our shelter. I think he is normal sized. And enjoy that kitten fuzz. It will leave soon. I'm sure your vet will tell you he is fine. And he might be the runy, but that doesn't mean they are going to be super tiny or something. Sabastian was the runt of his litter. And he is as big as our other cats.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 6 August, 2009
    Yes, he is a cutie pie. As long as he is eating, don't think you have to worry. We visited his page, and noted that he was found as a feral. His mother most certainly did not have the best care while she was carrying the kittens, so that could have affect his size. Bless you for giving this little guy a good home, he will repay you with years and years of love and affection. The New Orleans Kitties:-h
  • Carrie JohnsonCarrie Johnson Iowa CityMember Posts: 230
    edited 12 August, 2009
    Like what the other catsters posted, he is probably just a little guy :) I got Panda at 8 weeks and the vet couldn't believe her age- she also said she was about the size of a 5 week old kitten. She had so much kitten fuzz for so long that i thought she would be a long haired cat - but she isn't at all! as long as he's eating and acting normal, he's probably just a little guy.