the kittens are coming!

Comments

• Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Hi Juno and family! She's finally having the kittens! ~a~I've been following your thread and wondered if they were ever going to come. How exciting. I wish you and the kitties all the best. My little Tortie sends here support along to Juno, too. Look forward to hearing more about the kitties. :D Hope all goes well!
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 6 September, 2009
    We're here Juno! So sorry mom slept so late! Ooh, then it seems she had her first two kittens fast! How are you doing? |:|
  • Carrie JohnsonCarrie Johnson Iowa CityMember Posts: 230
    edited 6 September, 2009
    thank you everyone!! Juno is doing amazing. I'm so proud of her. She is having them FAST! there is one black and white, one calico, and two orange babies. they are beautiful. she had them on my bed right next to me. kinda gross hehe
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Oh, wow concats to Juno! Does it look like she is going to have any more? My dog gave birth on my bed--she had six puppies. They were huge!
    edited 6 September, 2009
    she just had another one!! oh my goodness i can't believe they keep coming! i think it is black and white..can't really tell yet. i thought the second one was black and white but she turned out to be a calico. i keep thinking she's done then out pops another one !:)
    edited 6 September, 2009
    wow, she is having them fast! Is she getting tired?
    edited 6 September, 2009
    she doesn't seem to be that tired! i can't believe how well shes doing
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Cats are usually like that. Gimli's brother Boots was born breach and Aphrodite (their mom) needed help with K.C.
    edited 6 September, 2009
    the 4th kitten was breach. he came out fine though. i have a bed set up for them on the floor, is it safe to move them? and when is a safe time? or do i have to leave them on my bed :-/
    edited 6 September, 2009
    After Aphrodite had her kitten, I had to put a new towel in her bed. I just kept the bed (it was a cardboard box) on the floor. Soon enough, the kittens made it to the bed! :))
    edited 6 September, 2009
    It should be safe to move them. Aphrodite let me touch her kittens right awy. Will Juno let you touch her kittens?
    edited 6 September, 2009
    yes she let me touch her kittens right away. thank you so much, gimli. i am so glad you are here to talk to me! she's done and POOPED. there are 5 beautiful kittens. 2 b&w, 1 calico, and 2 orange.
    edited 6 September, 2009
    I see she is 7 pounds on her profile. aphrodite was 7 pounds as well--she was so tiny. she was very pooped after she had her 4 kittens (Gimli, Boots, Pippin and KC. She had Gimli at 5:55 pm and KC was born at 9 pm. You're welcome! We are glad we were here to help you out and for the happy moment! :D Yay to Juno! =; =D> She'll be a great mom. Cats are amazing creatures. I was thinking she must have trusted you very much and loved you very much to have her kittens on the bed. :)
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Boots is the name of my childhood kitten. He is 18 now, living with my Dad, and sadly living his last days as he is very old and weak now :( But i'm naming one of the kittens after him, even though they may get different names after they are adopted :)
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Are the black and white kittens Tuxedos or harlequins (my Kiki was a harlequin--mostly white with black spots)? Boots was a black and white tuxedo. I gave him away to a co-worker and her three sons named him. At first they named him Tux, but then they changed it.
    edited 6 September, 2009
    the black and white kittens are both Tuxdeos. How can i tell the sex of the kittens?
    edited 6 September, 2009
    If there is a colon : it is a boy and if it is a ; then it is a girl. It is strange, but it was easier for me to tell what Aprhrodite's kittens were when they were just born. When they get a little bit older, it seems like it is harder. The primary way to tell a female kitten from a male kitten is by comparing the distance between the anal opening and the genital opening. The distance between for the males is larger than in females.
    edited 6 September, 2009
    I once saw a good site long ago that had illustrations. I'm trying to find a good site. Here's a site for a cattery--no pics though. how to tell the sex of kittens
    edited 6 September, 2009
    wow i can't tell the difference at all, mol. i can't believe how cute they are - i thought they'd come out all ugly and rat-like hehe but they are precious. a couple of them still have their umbilical cord. is this normal? they're so sqeaky and one of the orange ones is fighting with all the other ones for a nipple. i think we already have a feisty one...
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Hmmm you know that's one part I can't really remember. I think they eventually fall off. Not sure how long. Oh, I looked it up and some fall off right away and some later. No need to worry unless it becomes red, sore or infected one person says on yahoo answers.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 6 September, 2009
    YAY for Juno, and welcome to the kittens!!! Yes, she must love and trust you a great deal to have the kittens on your bed. But they and Juno would do better in the bed you have prepared for them. She sounds like she will be a great mom as well. When you have a chance all of us REALLY want to see pictures of the new babies. Bless you for taking this cat in and giving her a safe place to have her kittens. Happy Purrs, The New Orleans Kitties;c;;c;%:D%:c9:c9
    edited 6 September, 2009
    i have moved them to a bed in a box with towels and they are doing great :) i took pictures but then my camera died. so i need to charge it and take more. then ill show you all :)
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Mom has to leave for stinky work soon. :( We will be looking forward to seeing lots of pics! At least mom will have something happy to think about at work. :D
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Congratulations on the kittens. Re sexing the kittens, the calico will definitely be a female so you can use her to compare with the other kittens to see if you can tell the girls/boys. Orange cats are male most of the time but about 10% chance of being girls. Hope this helps. The vet should be able to tell for sure when you take them in for their 1st check up in a few weeks.
  • Susan BrillSusan Brill Member Posts: 19
    edited 6 September, 2009
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DONNA KELLY-BIRCHDONNA KELLY-BIRCH kenoshaMember Posts: 1,018
    edited 6 September, 2009
    We are so happy for Juno and the babies!!%:D% (and it\'s about time, I may add ::o) The cords can be up to an inch long, and they should dry up and fall off in around 5 days. The next milestone should be that their eyes will start cracking open in a week to 10 days. They should be fully open by 14 days or so. They don\'t see very well for a while after that though. Please keep us up to date on their progress, and we are looking forward to pictures.:c9
    edited 7 September, 2009
    is the mom cat supposed to stay with the kittens at all times? i was gone for a while and she isnt with them..they all are curled up in balls trying to stay warm and it seems like Juno should be caring about them..but she isn't
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 7 September, 2009
    OH MY we are so happy you have had your babies. We can't wait to see pictures. xoxoxo
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    edited 7 September, 2009
    Sassy used to spend time away from the kittens but they were already approx six weeks old when we took them in so I'm not sure what's normal when they are newborns. Hopefully another Catster can advise.
  • Susan BrillSusan Brill Member Posts: 19
    edited 7 September, 2009
    Hi! I'm fostering a mommy too and she takes frequent breaks. As long as she is feeding them often and snuggling them, don't worry :)