What colour am i ?

Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
edited 3 September, 2009 in Kitten Corner
After taking days to decide on a name now mummy doesn't know what colour i am, my legs, tail and ears are black but my back is sort of dark grey speckled with white, my new mummy says i look like a badger!! :r

Comments

• Carrie JohnsonCarrie Johnson Iowa CityMember Posts: 230
    edited 22 August, 2009
    So, you decided on Cookie? I commented on your other thread. Very cute name!! :) I wanted to add that you look EXACTLY like Panda when i got her as a kitten. How old is Cookie? Panda was fluffy like Cookie and i thought she'd be medium haired, but as she grew her hair calmed down and now she is short hair with a VERY thick, super shedding coat! It is so annoying, mol, but i love her anyway. Anyway just wanted to congratulate you on deciding a name! Cookie is adorable and makes me remember Panda's kitten days!
  • Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
    edited 22 August, 2009
    shes 8 weeks old today, i think her fur will thin out, it seems to be long in patches and short in others. I really wanted to call her Pickle but when i went to pick her up one of her litter mates had been called Pickle so i decided on Cookie...for now!
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 22 August, 2009
    I think Cookie is a Black Smoke. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D http://www.cfa.org/articles/hints-color.html
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 23 August, 2009
    There was a kitten on here a while back (in Miss Tiny Burr-Burr's family) whose name I can't remember, who looked just like this one and I got all excited thinking she would be a Smoke like me--but later all the white hairs fell out! Maybe Cookie will stay her present color--even if not, I think she's just got the cutest little face ever.
    edited 23 August, 2009
    I hope i stay the colour i am, i think i might lose the individual long white hairs that are scattered over my fluffy little body but the hair on my back is dark grey from root to tip , my new mummy says the little grey tufts of fur in front of my ears make me look like i have huge bald patches :r doesn't my mummy say the nices things :-/
    edited 1 September, 2009
    mums put me as being a black smoke colour, i guess we'll know if i'll keep the colour as i get older :D Theres some photos on my page showing how different the colouring down my back is to my face.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 2 September, 2009
    I\'d tend to say black smoke too, although I have a vague suspicion that this coloration is more common in purebred cats (Persians, Maine Coons, etc.) than in moggies. A black smoke will have a two-colored hair shaft--the top half is black, and the bottom half is white. I\'m not an expert on this coloration, but that\'s the key point. Black smokes I\'ve seen in person or in photographs often have areas that have more white (for example, their chest) and areas that have more black (the face, for example). If it makes you feel any better, at cat shows judges are not infrequently stumped by the coloration of some cats, which results in a discussion with the owner and sometimes a change of the coloration designation. It\'s not just us who get confused.
    edited 2 September, 2009
    my mums never seen another cat with colouring quite like mine so she didnt know what to call it, the vet has me registered as black but im definitely not a black kitty, oh well i guess its good to be different! ;)
  • Kay BrophyKay Brophy Member Posts: 45
    edited 2 September, 2009
    I think Cookie just has a fever coat, in which case the white/gray stuff will shed out. My guess is that she\'ll be black when she grows up :)
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 2 September, 2009
    Check the picture of Aryeh, Cat of the Week. He\'s a classic example of a Black Smoke. And a gorgeous cat.
    edited 3 September, 2009
    Maybe i will go pure black, whatever colour i end up i'll still be gorgeous :))