Long timer lurker, finally signed up!!

Sophie HicksSophie Hicks North ShoreMember Posts: 47
Heya! My name's Sophie and my beautiful cat is called Misty. We've lurked at Catster for years but have never signed up! I don't know why, it was very silly of us. Anyway, we're here now! Misty is a gorgeous Tortie. We adopted her from the SPCA aged 2 or 3 after she had been abused by her previous owners. She was very frightened and even scared of her own shadow but with lots of love and patience she's not a scaredy cat anymore! Misty has a wonderful life but has had many hardships including spinal arthritis (from being abused by her previous owners) and nerve damage and in late 2005 she suffered a freak injury-a FCE (spinal stroke) that left her paralysed half way down her back to the end of her tail. Thankfully she has recovered from her FCE well but still has some affects from it such as balance issues. Misty is my best friend and soulmate. I have a chronic illness called dysautonomia that I was diagnosed with in 2002, aged 16. Misty has been with me and supported me every step of the way despite her own hardships. When I have a migraine-Misty sits by my head, when I faint-she waits for me to wake up, when I'm sad-she purrs beside me and every night she walks up and down the stairs to my bedroom multiple times to check I'm okay (despite her spinal arthritis). She has the sweetest, most wonderful soul and has taught me so much. Anyway, that's our story. We're looking forward to meeting all of you. Lots of Love, Misty and Sophie, Xoxoxoxo. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Vote for my amazing cat Misty for NZ's Next Top Cat Model-a charity fundraiser compeition. You can vote throughtout September 2009, one vote per email address-anyone can vote! Misty is a disabled rescue cat who spends her life looking after others & very much deserves to win!! http://www.topcatmodel.co.nz/finalist_misty.html ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• Robin PinkhamRobin Pinkham BangorMember Posts: 1,601
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Welcome to catster Misty! You sound like a wonderful and amazing kitty=;
  • Barbara HansonBarbara Hanson Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome to Catster!!! We looked fur a long time too!! There are lots of great kitties here!!
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Catster, Misty and Sophie! :-h Misty certainly is a special cat. You have our vote! =;
  • Sophie HicksSophie Hicks North ShoreMember Posts: 47
    Thank you so much!! You're all so lovely and welcoming. We're looking forward to getting to know all of you. :) Athena-thanks for your vote for NZ's Next Top Cat Model! That's so sweet of you.
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    Hi Misty and Sophie, So glad you signed up. What a touching story about Misty and you. I watched her video - she seems like a very, very special cat. How fortunate you were to have found each other. It's so amazing to have these little beings as companions. I,too, have a soulmate cat so I understand the connection. Hope to see you around... Purrs, Nadia and Jen
  • Lisa McDermottLisa McDermott JupiterMember Posts: 896
    Welcome to Catster! We lurked for a long time as well. You will love it here!
    Thanks guys, you're so sweet. I'm truely regretting that I didn't join years ago-I love Catster!! It's so wonderful to find so many others that understand the bond that I have with my cat and that have the same bonds with their cats too. :):)
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    Hi Misty! Welcome to Catster. We are so glad you joined. We know you will have a wonderful time. I'm so glad you found such a wonderful home. Btw, you are one of the most beautiful Torties we've ever seen.
  • Pattie HowellPattie Howell Member Posts: 1,194
    WELCOME MISTY & SOPHIE!!!!! =;=D>:-h:h:%:D%~a~|$|;P:P|/h/|:))!:))
    Thanks for your warm welcomes. Marina-I told Misty that you thought she was beautiful and she was really happy! She looked very proud-She loves being told she's beautiful. Hehe, we love those emoticons Spitfire-that little gerbil/hamster one is sweet. :D:D
  • Pattie HowellPattie Howell Member Posts: 1,194
    |/h/||/h/||/h/||/h/||/h/||/h/|........ MOL heya Misty!!! Ever hear the Hamster Dance Song? Mommy gonna have to find the linky fur it to post fur ya, MOL!!!! Or maybe anothe rfur can read this & find it & post it MOL! It`s hilarious!
  • Valerie McMullenValerie McMullen PhoenixMember Posts: 35,411
    edited 17 September, 2009
    Hey Misty! You really are a purrty girl and so is your sister Sophie! We voted for you and hope you win. My meowmy looked at Catster too for awhile before finally joining. We still are learning everything here. It\'s very heartwarming to meet so many wonderful kitties and their loving families. You are so lucky to have found such a loving and caring family. I\'m sending you a furiend request. So nice to meet you! :-h
    edited 19 September, 2009
    Hey Spitfire! Hehe, those hamsters are hypnotizing! We looked up the Hamster dance song-it was hilarious. Thanks for suggesting it, it made our day, hehe. Hiya Simo-n! Aww, thanks for your kind words. We're so happy to be furfriends with you, thanks for adding us! We only just worked out how to add friends ourselves- LOL. I think we've worked out how to do pretty much everything else now though.