Need an HQ tekkie to help please

Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
edited 26 September, 2009 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
Since this big change with the top nav bar that HQ did a week or so back NONE of our falling object scripts will work correctly on Catster or Dogster. Somefur from HQ suggested I post in here in hopes that one of the HQ tekkies see it & might be able to look at some coding to tell us what happened. He said he didn't know anything about html & that the tekkies would. I have had a lot of catsters & dogster asking what happened to the falling object java script that Neferkitty, Tigress & myself make for furs to use. On IE the objects only fall to just below the to nav bar. On Fire Fox it seems to be frozen in the middle top of the screen. Sometimes in front of the ad other times behind the add. You can look at my brofur Noah's page to see an example. He should have falling slices of pumpkin pie. mol We do have somefur at Pawsome Pages who are trying to help but they are busy, as to be expected with such a big change & with very little to no notice to the members whatsoever. But that's another story. So please any tekkies that might be able to look at the page's html & tell us what is making the falling object script not work properly & any ideas of how to fix it would be so greatly appreciated!

Comments

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 September, 2009
    I have to admit I\'m having trouble too:( I can\'t even look at cats pages with out it kicking me out. I maybe that\'s why Catsters quiet :-k It\'s too hard to play
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 17 September, 2009
    Mr. D what browser are you using? We used to use IE & when the roll over ads were added it made everything freeze on us & sometimes boot us off as well. We finally switched over to Fire Fox & have had no problems at all. Mom was really hesitant to switch since she was a die hard IE fan, but Fire Fox works pretty much the same & she really likes it now. :)) You might try switching & see if it helps any.
  • Jan CapuzelloJan Capuzello Member Posts: 33,947
    edited 19 September, 2009
    bumping to top ;)
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 September, 2009
    Thanks Oly
  • Nuk AnukNuk Anuk Member Posts: 846
    edited 26 September, 2009
    Oly, With Google's Chrome, I see falling objects as if nothing changed. It does however cause that kitties page to load super slowly, but then I see their objects falling as usual.