Sleeping against the wall

Elizabeth BelangerElizabeth Belanger TampaMember Posts: 5
edited 2 December, 2009 in Behavior & Training
My kitty sleeps only three places. She sleeps on the teeny tiny windowsill during the daytime, on the bed next to me when everyone is asleep, and face-first against the wall on all other occasions. We put her bed against the wall where she usually sleeps but she refuses to go on it let alone sleep in it. Any ideas? Do your cats do this?:-k |^|

Comments

• Lis CareyLis Carey Member Posts: 5,402
    edited 26 November, 2009
    What's the problem, exactly? She's sleeping where she's comfortable, which for cats is often different from what humans find comfortable. Aquavit's dad used to sleep partly on a windowsill, and partly on the typewriter that was in front of that window. It didn't look comfortable, but he loved that spot. Aquavit and Retsina will cram themselves together on one shelf of the cat tree, sometimes. Or Retsina will perch on the headboard of the bed (which just isn't that wide; it's just a headboard), and nap there. Cats are odd, but they don't do things they find uncomfortable. If Boof likes to sleep against the wall with no bed, let her!:))
  • Snuzzle DSnuzzle D Member Posts: 52
    edited 27 November, 2009
    You could try putting a little catnip in the bed to entice her to use it, but if she won't -- she won't. You could donate the bed to a local shelter so you don't feel like you wasted your money. Cats are silly creatures! Monkey likes to sleep spread-eagled on the arm of the sofa like a cat-skin rug. Who knows why? I'm sure he does, but he's not telling.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 27 November, 2009
    I sleep with my head butted against the wall behind the bed at night. Meowma thinks it looks weird and uncomfortable, but so what? I like it!
  • Sara ShakkedSara Shakked JerusalemMember Posts: 111
    edited 29 November, 2009
    See Namerovsky and the bed saga: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 29 November, 2009
    Mom hates it when I sleep face first into my bed or the couch - she always thinks I'm sick when I do it. And she wonders how I breathe? I just laugh at her. We cats are talented at many things.
  • Elizabeth BelangerElizabeth Belanger TampaMember Posts: 5
    edited 2 December, 2009
    Hahaha, thanks!! I really appreciate your responses. I threw Boof's bed into the closet, and I'm calling local cat owners to see if they need it. :)
  • Jennifer NovakJennifer Novak DC (But my heart is still in BMember Posts: 595
    edited 2 December, 2009
    Or you could donate it to your local shelter. They're always in need of supplies! Purrs, Coop