IMs not working?

RufusRufus BostonMember Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
edited 27 January, 2010 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
Is anyone else having problems with the instant messaging not working? I tried it on both Firefox and IE, but couldn't do anything.

Rufus - In Loving Memory 12/17/07
Official Spokescat for:
Bobcat - Fluffy Angel 4/19/11 >^..^< Briana - Little Angel Girl 1/7/17 >^..^< Jack Matthew Cash >^..^< Hamlet

Comments

• Karen ParsonsKaren Parsons GriffithMember Posts: 821
    edited 24 December, 2009
    I noticed yesterday that someone was trying to IM me, but i couldn't figure out who, just a gray screen popped up a few times...hope whoever it was doesn't think i was rejecting to talk!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 December, 2009
    Do you use an ad blocker? We had that problem a while ago when we added a filter for the Trupanion/Together Tag/Arm & Hammer ad that's at the right side of the screen. Apparently, that caused the ad blocker to block the IM, too. :-k
  • Elizabeth MabardyElizabeth Mabardy Member Posts: 2,708
    edited 21 January, 2010
    Hello furriends, :-h Catster HQ wrote me to tell me about the IM. They are making changes for the betta. I copied & pasted this to show you. OK? Kally Kat\'s Mommy Liz __________________________________________________________ Hello Catster IM user, We are writing to let you know that we will be shutting down the Catster Instant Messaging feature at the end of this month. We know that you have used this feature recently, and wanted to send you a personal message to inform you of the change and why it\'s happening. Our current Instant Messaging offering is technologically out-of-date and is not performing reliably. We are unable to support it further. We hope to replace it with a better system soon. We appreciate your patience in using our current IM feature. In fact, your willingness to continue using it - in its current unpredictable state - is the reason we didn’t take this action sooner. But problems with IM are getting worse and happening more frequently. It just isn’t fair to those who contact us for support when we have to respond by saying there is nothing we can do to fix the problem. We regret having to do this and apologize to those of you who rely on and will miss this feature. You will still be able to see \"Who\'s Online\" on the home page (when you\'re logged in) and here ( http://www.catster.com/friends_online.php) to know which of your friends are on the site when you are. You can then message them through Catster Paw Mail or using third party IM software. We are continually trying to improve our sites and hope that you can understand our decision. Thanks for loving Catster. We love you right back! Catster HQ
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 January, 2010
    Great post Kally Kat. We received this message too. We hope IM will soon be back and better, we love to meow with our friends that don't have other IM facilities ~a~

Bruce The Boss

• Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 27 January, 2010
    We like to IM also, so when it is back up and pouncing please dont hesitate to give us a shout ! MEOWSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this hamster dont you? |/h/|