Someting going on with spleen

Niki EppsNiki Epps Member Posts: 28
edited 11 January, 2010 in Cat Health
I went to the vet on Saturday because I hadn't been feeling well. For about three days it was noticed that I was hardly eating and wasn't interacting with the family. The vet said that my spleen is enlarged and my blood count is very low and the vet was very concerned. She said we could try antibiotics and I should come back Monday or Tuesday for more blood work. She said if count isn't up that I should go to emergency hospitals to maybe be admitted or a more thorough exam. Well, my family is concerned about how they would pay for such an expense without insurance. They love me so much but could not afford this. Anyone else's family deal with this? Do you think the antibiotic would help? The doc said that I had a fever and it could just possibly be an infection.

Comments

• Babydoll MackeyBabydoll Mackey Fort WayneMember Posts: 384
    edited 11 January, 2010
    i've never dealt with this and i hope the antibiotics work. if you have to go to the hospital, get a care credit card.. they can withhold the interest for up to a year.. but you have to remember to tell your vet that when you pay.. they have to punch in some code. mom got one for her dental bills and it also works on other medical expenses and us :)