Can anyone recommend a good brand of Probiotics?

Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
edited 12 January, 2010 in Cat Health
I\'m not sure which forum this question belongs in and my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. After suffering from chronic constipation for almost 3 years and needing to take lactulose every day to poop, I\'ve reversed course and for the past two months my stools have been loose and not getting any firmer. Mommy is going to try slippery elm bark (anyone have any recommendations for a good product?) and others have recommended giving me probiotics. One recommended brand was Celestial Cats. Has anyone ever heard of that brand? Can anyone recommend a good brand of probiotics? Thank you!

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 January, 2010
    Our vet gives us FortiFlora when we need a probiotic. Canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling) can help with loose stools, too.
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 12 January, 2010
    Thank you Beatrice! Hmm . . . pumpkin is good for loose stools and constipation? Will have to try it!