What is wrong with my cat??

R FellR Fell Member Posts: 16
edited 21 January, 2010 in Cat Health
Peanut is 6 months old and we just noticed a sore of somekind on his gum where his fang comes down. The other fang appears to be just slightly more pink than usual. Last night I noticed his poop smells REAL BAD..not like it normally smells. He has been a bit on the sluggish side as well. Not as active as he normally would be. We did just bring a new kitten into the house apx. 3 weeks ago, she has been tested and given all her shots. They do play at night. I know my Peanut...something is not right with him. Please anyone ever encounter this or know what it may be caused from?

Comments

• Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 19 January, 2010
    does he have any other symtoms? i would suggest a vet vist right away
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 19 January, 2010
    does he have any other symtoms? i would suggest a vet vist right away
  • Christina WahlChristina Wahl Member Posts: 164
    edited 19 January, 2010
    I am with seeing a vet ASAP. Hope he gets well soon.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 19 January, 2010
    Peanut's person, whenever we cats act somewhat unusually, that's an indication that something is wrong. Sounds like he has some sort of abscess, but as for the cause, I think only the vet could give you a better idea of what's going on. Trust your instincts. Take him to a vet.
  • BambergcatBambergcat Member Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 January, 2010
    Please take Peanuts to the vet. It will be worth the peace of mind. Any kitten that acts sluggish there is something going on.....Thanks.....
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 19 January, 2010
    He could have an infection in that tooth. maybe while playing with the other kitty he knocked it. The dog I had cracked his fang tooth on a treat bone & ended up with an absess that made him sick. Vet took the tooth out. If it is draining and he is swallowing it that could be why his poop smells & why he feels yucky. Please let us know. Sending purrs to feel better
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 19 January, 2010
    I agree with everyone else, he needs to go to the vet. Like Maizy said, if he has teeth, gum issues, he is prob in pain, the poison is going thru his system, and thats why he doesn't feel good and his poopies smell. Its just like with a person. Here is a link to help you. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D http://www.peteducation.com/category.cfm?c=1+2121
  • R FellR Fell Member Posts: 16
    edited 19 January, 2010
    I called the vet they said it could be a number of things. Since he is not showing any signs of sneezing or runny eyes or decreased appetite...it could be that something got logged in his tooth and it got infected. I was told to come in if he had diarrea. The only thing is both Peanut and Eve share a litter box and I use a clumping litter...its hard to tell. I brushed his teeth and gums today for the 1st time..the sore bled a little. I will just wait it out I guess.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 19 January, 2010
    Peanut, bleeding gums in kitties are not normal. I would just go to the vet right now, it sounds like there is a problem with his tooth.
  • Cass DoolittleCass Doolittle FlandersMember Posts: 341
    edited 20 January, 2010
    Awww. Peanut is such a cutie. All I can add to the conversation is that Mom has had five red tabbies over the years ( her very favorite color is moi) and every last one of us has had dental problems. Might be a genetic link to the color pattern, who knows?
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 21 January, 2010
    Jasper I am a reddish tabby too, and I am glad you mentioned that about the dental issues. Mom says she will keep tabs on that just in case, you never know.