allergies ?

Kathryn ShookKathryn Shook Member Posts: 204
edited 31 January, 2010 in Cat Health
I have been a little sick with a cough lately. The vet gave us meds but I sometimes forget to take them and they don't really help. I have eaten the same food all of my life- Purina Cat Chow or Meow Mix- now that our new puppy possibly has allergies -should we switch the food- last night she coughedfor a longer time- usually its just a few seconds. Vet says its allergies but i forget to give meds.

Comments

• Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 28 January, 2010
    coughing could be a sign of respitory infection. can you give more details?
  • Kathryn ShookKathryn Shook Member Posts: 204
    edited 28 January, 2010
    not sure what other details but she starts hacking/ coughing- I mainly hear it at night- it has not gone away- been going on for a few months- meds didn't really work when we were first put on them and I often forget to give them-
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 29 January, 2010
    Does this happen every night? it could be hairrballs too. If it is ongoing, it may require another vet trip to be sure there is nothing else going on. Did the vet specifically say it wa allergies?
  • Kathryn ShookKathryn Shook Member Posts: 204
    edited 31 January, 2010
    that's what the vet said- she never coughs up 'hairballs' when it happens