Are Paint Fumes Harmful to Cats?

Cheryl AyerCheryl Ayer RockportMember Posts: 330
edited 31 January, 2010 in Cat Health
Our humans are having the interior of the house painted and we wonder if the paint fumes will be harmful to us. They expect it will take a couple of weeks. Should we tell them to take us somewhere else while this is going on?

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 30 January, 2010
    Paint fumes are very harmful to pets and children. I typed "paint fumes and pets" in my search engine, and they all said the same thing, keep pets away from the fumes. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 30 January, 2010
    When we varnished our wood floors,my kitties went to Nana's house. It prob wouldn't be quite so bad if it was 1 room & you could keep that door closed & windows open, but the whole house, I would say the kitties should have a vacation so they don't get sick. Pain fumes are nasty
  • Cheryl AyerCheryl Ayer RockportMember Posts: 330
    edited 31 January, 2010
    Thanks. I think we will go to grandma's house!
  • kristina bkristina b Member Posts: 169
    edited 31 January, 2010
    Max - glad to read that you'll be safer. 15years ago, when we painted (after spackling & minor sanding) our condo (with regular latex paint) in September with windows open, Ani started having breathing problems. She died in January. Nobody told me paint was bad.