Which one???

Jessica BlackJessica Black Member Posts: 460
edited 15 March, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
I've been feeding my 3 cats 2 (5.5 oz) cans of Friskies wet and 1 cup of Solid Gold's dry Indigo Moon or Blue Buffalo's Wilderness (rotation) each day. Would it be more beneficial to feed a higher quality wet and a lower quality dry? I was thinking about doing 2 (5.5 oz) cans of Natures Variety Rabbit Formula or Duck Formula (rotation)... and a cup of Iams dry? :-k :?

Comments

• Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
    edited 15 March, 2010
    From the research I have done they would probably do better on an all canned food diet if you can swing it. If not I would keep the higher quality dry if you have to have dry as it will be better than lower quality dry IMHO. We are still learning about the whole canned food/good food thing. But I have also heard that the 'cheapest' quality canned food is better for the cats than the highest quality dry food because of the moisture content.
  • Rebecca NowakRebecca Nowak Orange County, NYMember Posts: 1,397
    edited 15 March, 2010
    Hi Bagheera. If you cannot do an all canned diet, then it would probably be better to go with a high quality dry and a lesser quality canned. None of the lower quality kibble is grain free, but there are higher quality ones that are, such as EVO and NV Instincts. On the other hand, there are cheaper canned foods that are grain free. Purrs, Shade