Can the food be causing this???

tigger cattigger cat Member Posts: 23
edited 26 March, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Our cats have been having very runny and watery poo lately and we were giving them taste of the wild for about a year. I know sometimes the food makers make changes and do not say anything for awhile to the public. I think they might of done something cause we noticed the food had a smell that was now wayy stronger than before. Soon after noticing the stronger odor of the food, the cats started having the runny poo's. And VERY strong smelling. We switched over to EVO and sometimes its better, but alot of times is still very runny. They have been on the EVO a week now and I know it takes time. Have any of you had issues with your cats going thru times when their poo does this? If so, what steps were taken in case its not the food?

Comments

• Aaron LeeAaron Lee SeattleMember Posts: 251
    edited 26 March, 2010
    Selby always had a sensitive tummy, regardless of what she ate, and in my experience even Matty tends to regurgitate sometimes after we switch foods. I guess it's possible that a food switch could cause runny poo. You hear about it with dogs all the time. If I were in your shoes, I'd try to switch to another premium food for a week or so, and if no improvement is visible, it may be time for a vet visit to get the input of a professional kitty-doctor. Best of luck!