kitty group toy ideas?

Tain RoseTain Rose Member Posts: 978
edited 18 April, 2010 in Kitten Corner
Well.. I have 4 cats and lots of toys, but the toys aren't made to please them all! I have tons of those.. fwirly things on a stick, but if one kitty goes for it the others back off until its their turn and it seems really unfair. ): And I can't think of a group-friendly toy that would work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Marisol VazquezMarisol Vazquez ChicagoMember Posts: 75
    edited 6 April, 2010
    Maybe they'll play together with a Turbo Cat Scratcher >>> click here Some cats will feel uncomfortable chasing after toys with multiple cats around. I don't why though, :? maybe they feel intimidated by a certain cat or maybe they feel there is too much competition for a certain toy that they're not even going to bother going after it. We're in the same situation as you are. The boys get along fine, they wrestle with each other, lick each other, and sleep together. But when the toys come out, only one cat goes after it and the rest just stay back. So what I do now is play with each cat individually and the rest stay in a room with the door closed so that everyone gets their fair share of play time with the toys.
  • Tain RoseTain Rose Member Posts: 978
    edited 18 April, 2010
    Sorry for a late reply. But I'll definitely check that out! I normally play with them in the kitchen, and they all have their own spots.. Buddy will sit in a chair and wait for me to fling it up there, Kiwi waits under the table, one kitten is all over the place chasing it, then takes it in his mouth if he gets it and takes ME for a walk MOL. The other kitten just gives us this crazy stare and attacks the first ones tail when he runs around. I have ended up playing with them individually, I'll take them outside into the yard and play with them too. Though I would still like for them to get along and be able to play with each other!