i am so frusterated

Nellie AlexisNellie Alexis IndianapolisMember Posts: 30
edited 31 March, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Nellie is a really finky eater and getting her to eat wet food is really hard she really wont eat grain free wet food. My other cats arent picky and will eat anything we put down for them. Finding wet food and picking out flavors is the most hardest cause i know my other cats will eat it but i have to make sure nellie will eat. If she dosent like it she wont eat it. I have to feed her kibbles then, i use kibbles as a back up cause sometimes all she wants is wet food for meals and the next all she wants is kibbles. This really frustarests me.

Comments

• Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 31 March, 2010
    Oh Nellie :)) My Isabelle was funny about wet food for a long time, too, and still is a little. For her, it\'s all about texture - she only likes flaked or minced types; no pate or chunks. So it may be a texture challenge rather than taste with Nellie, too. Something else I found out when Isabelle didn\'t like her dry food (which is unheard of in this house :D ) is that she was more willing to try wet food because she was hungry! Sounds simple, but it never dawned on me until an incident with Wellness Core dry that she wouldn\'t eat. She was MUCH more interested in wet and would eat it rather than lick the gravy off or snub it all together. So maybe try a serving of dry in the AM and hold out until PM and only serve wet. I\'m not advocating starving Miss Nellie, but I think if she\'s genuinely hungry at night she may be more receptive to something new. Good luck! :-h