They do not like Feline Pine

Amber SimmonAmber Simmon Member Posts: 2,703
edited 12 April, 2010 in Behavior & Training
:)) I learned this the hard way lol First, BeBe peed oustide of the box (RIGHT outside of it). So I cleaned it up and cleaned out the box. Come back later, someone pooed next to it! :r okay, I get it. We're going back to fresh step lol

Comments

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 12 April, 2010
    BeBe, sometimes if you change the whole box of litter it's too much, too soon. You could try mixing a small bit of the pine in with their regular litter and gradually increase it. That's what we did when we had a foster who didn't like our WBCL. We started off with something she liked and gradually added WB until she was switched over.
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    edited 12 April, 2010
    The smell of Feline Pine was way too strong for me (mom here) and I\'m sure for the kits, too. Although I think Gump did try to taste the Feline Pine (and I believe Pine can be toxic). I also didn\'t like the little pellet things and I didn\'t think it did an effective job of absorbing/clumping. Thumbs down on Feline Pine from us! We\'re sticking with regular clumping litter.
  • Amber SimmonAmber Simmon Member Posts: 2,703
    edited 12 April, 2010
    yeah I like scooping it daily and this stuff is really hard too. Plus, I think when it absorbs the pee and fluffs up, that's whats throwing the cats off. I really liked it otherwise plus it was pretty cheap lol
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 12 April, 2010
    BeBe, they make a feline pine scoopable litter. That might be worthwhile if you want to try it. Mom mixed it very slowly with the old litter, and we got used to it. Problem was, it tracked too much and dad hated that, so we went back to our original litter.