Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

slinking around

Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
edited 23 April, 2010 in Behavior & Training
all of a sudden, Maizy has started this slinking low, being cautious behavior, she is only doing it when she passes our room to go into the living room, and also in the living room. She keeps looking around and then staring (which is kinda freaking me out like she sees something not there- eek ghost!) She is always skittish, but being extra skittish. I don't get it - nothing new around here, we have no kids around (son lives at home, but is 22) cannot figure out what has her spooked. Just wondered if any other kit has gotten all extra scaredy like that. Seems just the past few days. I just want to be certain if there are illnesses that can cause this, or if she is just being spooky cat.

Comments

• Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 17 April, 2010
    My Lab was doing that but only going into the kitchen and that is where the food is. I had to super clean the whole kitchen and moved all the appliances to do so. Now he is ok going in there. But this sounds like something may have happened when you were not around. Or you could have a ghost, as you put it. My 10 year old Chow Chow was seeing spirits right before we had to put her down. I would ask all of your Family if they recall him getting hurt or caught up in anything in your room. Good Luck and please keep us informed. |:|
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 20 April, 2010
    SOLVED!!! I went in the bedroom with her, and I picked her up & she grabbed onto me for dear life - very unusal, she doen not like to be held. I sat there on the floor after I let her take off, and I saw it....under the edge of the bed, was The Dad's old black junky shoes. I must have pushed them back when I swept, and did not see them, and from the hall, when I got down to Maizy level, they kind of looked like something scary under the bed. So I removed them and of course lectured The Dad about putting things away. Maizy happily slept on top of me all night & since. The scaries have been vanquished!!
  • Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 20 April, 2010
    that's too funny! I'm scared of stupid stuff like that too. Mom has never, ever come after me with anything and never would. But all of a sudden, I don't like it when she pulls out a utensil to cook with like a ladel or big spoon. Why? I don't know!
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 21 April, 2010
    MOL... stinky foot jam.. Looked and smelled line a black alligator maybe ...? I am so glad you found the problem.=;
  • Sabrina DreyerSabrina Dreyer Member Posts: 7
    edited 23 April, 2010
    Hahaha! I actually laughed out loud at the solution. Cats are so hilarious sometimes. We have a huge black cat that freaks out like that sometimes. I wonder what triggers their 'spooky' response?