Cat > dog

Amber SimmonAmber Simmon Member Posts: 2,703
edited 15 May, 2010 in Behavior & Training
So I was training my dog to do a "spin" (she failed, or I failed at showing her what I want, however you wish to look at it lol) BeBe comes running up because zomg mom has treats!!!! So I use the beef to lure him around, click, treat. Repeat. I get rid of the lure, but do the movement, he spins. Now I have a spinning cat. And a dog that just doesn't understand lol We'll try again tomorrow. I'll post a video later in the day. It's pretty sweet. =;|/h/|

Comments

• Jane JohnstonJane Johnston NMMember Posts: 2,957
    edited 15 May, 2010
    I think its much easier to teach a cat to spin than it is to teach a dog to do it. It seems to be a little more suited to cats. Dogs are tricky in that they have a direction (like handedness) and are very finicky about it. OTOH, shaking hands is so natural to a dog, but cats are harder on that one. I think some of the agility equipment is almost ideal for cats. --des