Not afriad of water.....

Jenna McElhinneyJenna McElhinney Marblehead/SalemMember Posts: 11
edited 1 June, 2010 in Behavior & Training
Rex is our newest kitten, he is 8 months old. He was born outside in Massachusetts and so I am fairly sure he grew up in snow and water. As a result, water really does not phase him. Our other cat, Tinka, hates water so much that all I have to do is point the spray bottle at him and he runs. Rex seems to like having water splashed on him. I use water to teach Tinka to stop doing things like try to run out the door, jump on the counters, etc. It's a training tool. SO here is my question, what can I use to train Rex, since he has no fear of water???

Comments

• Ashlee GordonAshlee Gordon West SpringfieldMember Posts: 16
    edited 28 April, 2010
    How about a can filled with beans or something loud that you can shake? My cat Salem sits at the end of the tub when we take showers, he could care less about getting wet. MOL
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 2 May, 2010
    Soot here comes in all wet when it rains! He will fly right to me and curl up on my lap! I know to keep a towel handy when it is raining.. Mol We have a big dogie door and it is hard telling the cats they can not use it.. we tried and it will cost us new blinds an we have to fix or replace the molding and a few screens :( Luckily they caught the coyotes now .=;
  • Jenna McElhinneyJenna McElhinney Marblehead/SalemMember Posts: 11
    edited 27 May, 2010
    Well, I got a bath and I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. Mom has just been using the spray bottle on me, I am now scared even just to have it pointed at me, but being sprayed after doing something bad does not deter me.
  • Allison Tuthill GaulAllison Tuthill Gaul Virginia Beach, VAMember Posts: 168
    edited 1 June, 2010
    Sometimes I just dump out the water dish and roll around in it. Mommy doesn't even try to discpline me with a water gun. I would think it was a fun game. I have not been peeing or scratching the carpet since the vet put me on Prozac, however.