Plus Opinion on Changes...

Comments

• FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    I had the same problem with a friend request several days ago and forwarded to HQ the e-mail acceptance I received by mistake along with a note so they could see it. I received a response a few days later that essentially said they were working on the problem. I've also e-mailed them about the ongoing issue with editing forum posts. Every time I try to edit a post, the text box is full of "gibberish" and I have to retype the whole post.
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    Felix, until they get it fixed, if you need to edit a post: >>before you click on "edit your post", click into your post, highlight the entire post, then "copy" it (to your clipboard memory). When you get to the edit box with the gibberish: >>highlight all the gibberish, then "paste" your actual post in place of the gibberish. I don't think it shows the emoticons and links if you had them in your post, but the rest should be intact. I usually forget to "copy" until I get to the edit part and see the gibberish, but you can still go back at that point to your original post, copy and then edit (if your 15 minutes hasn't expired by then!).
  • Kathy MillerKathy Miller O'FallonMember Posts: 5,315 ✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    Would everyone who objects to Nutro please send an email to [email protected] or call him? He told Mama he started monitoring all Nutro communications, but I'm thinking he started after some of us had already sent emails to the "Contact Catster" link and he may not have seen them all. Anyway, he needs to know how important this is to us, so let him know. Also if you have any information about Nutro to share, send that too.
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    I just talked to Top Cat Ted - well, my Mawmee did. She talked to him on the phone for over an hour. She mentioned a lot of things that we have all been discussing in the forums. He was very interested, and promised to make some fixes. I\'ll try to summarize in my diary later tonight. PLEASE contact HQ (if you haven\'t already) regarding problems you are having because they do want to make things right and have items show up on our Community Homepage. The Cat\'s Meow blog will be on the Community Homepage! Woo hoo! The Catster logo will be worked on - they were not crazy about the one at the bottom and didn\'t have time before the roll out to get it changed. It is on the list! Also on the list is some type of communication from Top Cat Ted. We explained to him that no communication = not caring about us. Sure, it isn\'t a rational thing, but that is what it sometimes says. He understands and hopefully we will hear from him soon.

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    Thank you, Scooter! After we posted that, it occurred to Mom that she could do a copy and paste with the original message. Thanks for the update, Samoa. Good to know they're still working on fixing some of this.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    Should Tattoo lovers be advertised here? :? There was an ad in the forums. That sounds like an adult site and not for young cats. I don\'t know maybe tattooing for idenfication in case we loose our tags and get lost. :?
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 8 June, 2010
    I am a bit happier with the new Catster Logo than the old one because we can see backgrounds through it and it matches any decor put on your pet / group page. The old one was a sore thumb sticking out in the mist of all the pretty we made our pages. If color is put on the logo this is yet another added item covering backgrounds so we see even less still. Too much is already covering over our backgrounds. I would like to see our old cat face back in the "a" spot and the "Expert info. Community know-how" just doesn't capture the spirit of Catster. I also want to say, nice job on the Image Replacement technique code with the Catster Logo ;)
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    Please check out my diary for the conversation points discussed on the phone today between my Mawmee and Top Cat Ted. %:D%

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Lissa NicholsonLissa Nicholson SydneyMember Posts: 1,562
    edited 9 June, 2010
    Your Mawmee is a gem, Samoa :)
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June, 2010
    Doing our best to keep them honest, but it\'s work I tell you, please read my diary for HL mom\'s conversation with Ted Hazel Lucy
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 9 June, 2010
    Good job to both of you Samoa and HL |:|
  • edited 10 June, 2010
    The Say No to Nutro Group has started a thread for Alternative Advertising suggestions. Head on over, join up and chime in. :D
  • stacy mitchumstacy mitchum Bridgeport TXMember Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 June, 2010
    Why are non-members who cannot be held accountable for their cursing and foul mouths allowed to post comments anywhere on Catster? Only members should be able to post comments, perfect example why this should be a rule: http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow-a-cat-and-kitten-blog/hair-trigger-trooper-shoots-trapped-kitten-to-death-loses-job/2010/06/09/ WARNING!!!!!!!! CONTAINS VERY OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE!!!!!!
  • Humphrey HauntedHumphrey Haunted CaliforniaMember Posts: 10,753
    edited 12 June, 2010
    Good grief - I ish not even going to read that bc I knows it would upshet me and Mommy way too much - but yesh, the rules are the rules and let'sh have them be across the board on thish site.
  • edited 12 June, 2010
    I think our posts here and in groups get censored. Obviously anyone can type anything they want in the blogs. I have sent a request to HQ to do something about those terrible posts. I thought this was a family site. Why are those words being allowed? :?
  • stacy mitchumstacy mitchum Bridgeport TXMember Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 June, 2010
    Most websites require you be a member to post comments, some even have a time requirement i.e. member for 7 days or more. I think that would be a good idea here. I am afraid that luring in the outside world will only bring more of this to our once peaceful community. There should be some kind of built in protection to prevent certain words from showing up in print, I know the imikimi forum has it and many vulgar words simply will not publish. I hope those awful comments are deleted soon, they would not impress (decent) newcomers and would scare anyone off that had children.
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    edited 12 June, 2010
    Some good news~ I think they have fixed the problem with friend requests ;c; Go out an make a new friend and see if it works!! ~a~
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 June, 2010
    Tasha, I noticed that working yesterday when we started receiving friend requests in our email again, and we no longer get our "acceptance" reply back in our own email. So I think you're right that it's fixed! The "purr board" started updating continually instead of staying stagnant yesterday, too! =D> Thank you, HQ! =;
  • edited 12 June, 2010
    Thanks for that update Tasha! Yay! Also, as far as I know, there IS a word filter on our forum posts, so there's no reason a filter couldn't be applied to the blog comments as well.
  • Sue ThompsonSue Thompson Des Moines, IA / BeaverdaleMember Posts: 505
    edited 13 June, 2010
    It has now been 16 days since Ted at HQ declared in this forum that Autologin was fixed. 8 days ago we Pmailed Catster and told them that Autologin still does not work for us. We requested an immediate response and we are still waiting. Is Catster ignoring everyone's requests for help, or have we been singled out? Does anycat know how to get Catster to respond?
  • Nuk AnukNuk Anuk Member Posts: 846
    edited 13 June, 2010
    Auto Login has worked for us since the fix. As long as we don't clear "browser" information (history, cache, cookies etc) we stay logged in. You might want to check that your browser is not set to clear these things when you close it. I don't know what browser you use... but you may want to include that in the information you send, if you send another "help" request. (If you have not previously done this)
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 14 June, 2010
    I tried to access Norman's link to see how horrid it would be, but either I made a mistake, or the offensive post has been removed. Since we can flag posts in the Forums and on the Answers Board, maybe this means we can flag posts on blogs as well. There does appear to be a word filter, but it's set up to filter out not just dirty words, but any words it doesn't recognize. For example, since I live in Japan, I might want to write something like "In Japanese, we say..." (you know how some words can't really be translated). The filter then sends me the message "Your language is not suitable for seven year olds." Well, it would be suitable for JAPANESE seven year olds...French seems to pass the filter with no problem. I brought this up with HQ a while back, and they sent me a nice message saying they'd look into the problem, but as I'm probably the only Catster who wants to use the occasional Japanese word or phrase, it's not that important. Nowadays I just give a general translation of some unique word or phrase. Still, being told that a certain word (for example, Japanese call torties "dirty rag" cats, but the Japanese word actually means a rag for cleaning) is not suitable for a family site, I have to laugh.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 June, 2010
    I know what you mean, when I came to this site I referred to a cat as a **** cat, but I soon learnt it is not common to call a cat that. I\'m not sure yet if it is considered bad but I had the feeling it wasn\'t kosher:-k
    edited 15 June, 2010
    Still no change in the UGLY WHITE to a warm fuzzy color. They don't get it. This is not a search page or a Word document.
  • edited 15 June, 2010
    I agree Ms. Hazel Lucy. It has been proven that spending long periods in front of the glaring white of a computer screen can cause severe eye strain over time. This is a site where we spend LONG periods of reading each others' pages, diaries, forum posts, etc.,. This is not a search screen where one looks quickly through the results. Nor is it like working on a word document... I've never spent more than a few minutes at a time working on a word document or e-mail. *puts lighting geek hat on* Looking at a white computer screen is also not the same thing as looking at a white book page. When you are looking at a computer screen, you are looking directly into a light source. When you are looking at a paper page, you are looking at an item that is reflecting the ambient light. Think about it... you can cast shadows onto a paper page, but not onto your computer screen (unless the ambient light is brighter than the screen). It is the difference between looking into a projector to see an image verses looking at the image being projected on the screen... and even then, if the light from the projector is too bright, it can be just as bad as looking into the light source. It is for this very reason that online books got off on such a slow start. Nobody could stand to look at a screen for hours on end like they could with books. HQ needs to cop a clue on this one. :n:
    edited 15 June, 2010
    Mommy hash permanent eye damage from computer usage - had she known about it, she would have cut way back ages ago. Reading books and watching movies and doing other things with her eyes had helped a lot - it's one of the main reasons we rarely if ever use Facebook. ::o
    edited 16 June, 2010
    What is the justification for the ugly white everywhere? There is no cute or cuddly or fuzzy warm factor in the white? Why???????
  • Dee FreyDee Frey Member Posts: 363
    edited 16 June, 2010
    We have posted a number of times how much the white background hurts our momma's eyes. Please catster change it!! Please please!!!
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 16 June, 2010
    Please change the white or we simply cannot spend time here. Sad purrs~ Milo
    edited 17 June, 2010
    I would suggest emailing HQ directly so they hear yew loud and clear. =;