Plus Opinion on Changes...

Comments

• Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Catster seems to have gone silent..... again.....
  • WilsonJScooterWilsonJScooter St. Helena, CaMember Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Wilson: HEY ... WHERE DID STEVEN GO? :? Wilson's Mom: Come back young fellow ... don't let us old gals scare you! You aren't done lying to us yet... are you?
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    I know you were wanting to make changes and bring it all up to date as all websites tweak a little to still remain fresh. I do love the front page as it does make Catster look informative for the outside human and cats. EXCEPT it should have the cats blog on it:(. BUT... I do feel Catster is made up of cats that have made it their home, is it possible to have a little of the old Catster back? I know you made changes by putting the side bar up the top etc but this new Catster is so left field you wonder why did you make all the other changes. It's like someone just came to you here use this. What does everyone else think :-k would it be good if they kept the front page, -but it needs the cats blog on it. Have a bigger area for the log in as it took me awhile to see it, You want to invite them to join and find out what's behind the front page. The door needs to be big and inviting. Maybe once they have joined or logged in they then go to the old Catster as My account, Forums, Groups, Gifts, Game centre, Contest and deals and see the cats are the most important things for seasoned Catster cats. All the things that teach newbie’s to the cat world will be Kittens, Breeds, Health care, Food, Behaviour, Lifestyle. and Answers. The reason why I put answers in this area is because it seems to be for the people outside Catster. Because we already have the forums to ask questions, and get answers. It's like there is two areas for this sort of thing. Anyway I think when you go into Catster these last things I listed, should take a second place behind the first lot. I'm not saying bury them, They could be in a drop down menu. All in one (under one icon), inside Catster. But on the front page they can be up the top where they are needed. So you can access them still from both sides.:? Only a thought. I know it's hard when everyone has different ideas on how it should go. I will try and work with what you do. But I'm hoping the down load time will improve when viewing gifts as that is a real nightmare.
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 2 June, 2010
    We are here! We could start a free petition at care2.com The petition would say Say No to Nutro We are not renewing our catster plus membership or buying zealies until Nutro is gone from catster/dogster. What do you guys think?
    edited 2 June, 2010
    About Nutro. I say....It does have to go too:( Is it possible to talk to another food company, Is it wellness that every fur likes:? We can\'t get it in our country (yet) but you never know. If they see what kind of force is behind Catster it maybe well be worth their while advertising with you. It\'s an easy way to go international. Please give them a ring and show them how strong Catster is.:D
  • Humphrey HauntedHumphrey Haunted CaliforniaMember Posts: 10,753
    edited 2 June, 2010
    We are TOTALLY with you about the petition Teddy - they need to hear all our voices raised in protest and we hope that if we unite - and I think there are a lot of dogs who will also join us - we might be able to get them to listen. Power of The Paws - raised in unison! *pumps his paw in the air*! =;
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Thank you Roger, That's the thing though, will everyone who is against NUTRO join us?
    edited 2 June, 2010
    There are TONS of cat products and foods out there who would probably be very happy to advertise on here - why aren't they the ones sponsoring Catster? We do not like the opening page at all - nopers - but at thish point the most important thing ish to get Nutro OFF the site - permanently! They've been here for over a year and we are just now finding out about it. *turns up nose in disgust* Protests and boycotts can and do work - Catster ish in San Francisco which is where a lot of that sort of thing hash gone on fur decades! It ish sho upshetting how they think they can sthone wall ush and wear ush down with double talk or silence - well that ish not going to work! Nopers!
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Teddy - start it and we will help you put out the word - we think it will be signed in droves!! =; Let's do it!
  • edited 2 June, 2010
    Don\'t forget to include our Non-Plus Catster friends in on the movement. We need as many voices as we can get to chime in.
    edited 2 June, 2010
    What about the no to Nutro scroll? It has 99 photos that's a partition there.
  • edited 2 June, 2010
    Actually, the stroll is up to 18 pages... 176 cats. Hit the re-submit button at the bottom of the first page. ;)
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Yes, we needs to let the non Plus members know too - I think the No To Nutro stroll is great but a petition would be catastic to go with it! We need to start a thread in the non Plus area of the forums. =;
    edited 2 June, 2010
    :r I feel silly the Cats meow is on the front page. It just doesn't have it's name there. I suppose I just need time to look around. Maybe I'll just go quiet for awhile so I can look around. I do miss the old one though.
  • edited 2 June, 2010
    Roger, I've done that... follow the link in my last post.
  • Mietzi_KatzeMietzi_Katze IowaMember Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Hazel Lucy has a Just say NO TO NUTRO campaign in her diary right now. The link takes you to Facebook. Also in her diary today she has a link to a photo that says it all. We don't want Nutro. We hate Nutro. DEAR BUSINESS CAT STEVE, why would you want to advertise a product that your consumers hate? That is like inviting Burger King to advertise on a vegetarian web site. Please go talk to Wellness or Blue Buffalo and companies like them. The Forums and Groups are full of cats that LOVE those kinds of natural foods. You have a huge target group here for those foods. Why would you not take advantage of that? Just read the forums. P.S. Thank you for fixing our names under our photos on the community home page. Now they say correctly Mietzi Katze and Timo Katze.
  • edited 2 June, 2010
    Mietze, I love Hazel Lucy and applaud her continuous efforts to keep us all informed on the Nutro issue as well as other food recalls over the last few year. HOWEVER, there are a lot of us who just don\'t do Facebook... and never will. Our voices need to be heard HERE, at HOME, where the problem is... not off on some other site. That is why I\'ve joined the Picket Line, and have encouraged others to do so as well. And I\'ve also re-titled the main title to my diary to \"No to Nutro\". Every time I post a diary entry, that message will be seen. I will also do my best to post in the threads to keep them close to the top of our lists. Everyone can do these things. We can all voice our dissent. A collective voice HERE is what is really needed.
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Mr. D - The Cat's Meow (or at least a couple of its articles) may be on the homepage, but it needs to be where the cats are - on the Community Homepage! It takes long enough for the Community Homepage to load, and if we have to go to the homepage to see The Cat's Meow, it seems to defeat the purpose. It all makes me so sad . . . . . :(

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Loki you are right, I will add the No to Nutro photo stroll link on my page!
  • Mietzi_KatzeMietzi_Katze IowaMember Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    Loki, I joined the Picket Line. I also changed some of my personality items on my page. Like response to What is your favorite food? Hate Nutro.
  • Nicole DenleyNicole Denley ChattanoogaMember Posts: 17,597
    edited 2 June, 2010
    I love the changes.:c9
  • Nicole DenleyNicole Denley ChattanoogaMember Posts: 17,597
    edited 2 June, 2010
    It won't let me edit. "I love the changes. I'm starting to get use to it"
    edited 3 June, 2010
    "What is your favorite food? HATE NUTRO" Hahaha that is genius - I am going to go do that too right now! Loki, yes I went and posted in the Non Plus thread - thanks for that thread! =;
  • edited 3 June, 2010
    I agree Roger, Meitze is one clever cat! And thank-you Miss Hazel Lucy for adding the Picket Line to your diary. The more voices we can gather in one place, the more impact it will make. At this point, it's up to 182 cats. Another thing I've done, along the lines of what Meitze suggested, is change my forum motto. This is done through the "change biography" settings, under "fun stuff". Now, that little "No to Nutro" message will be seen on all my posts! I warned HQ that I would not go quietly! :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Look at the totally rockin' picture Chayenne made me - I LOVES IT!! =;
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I changed mine too - great idea Loki! Roger will do the same!
  • Lissa NicholsonLissa Nicholson SydneyMember Posts: 1,562
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I found Catster when I was looking for the answer to a question I had. I didn't stay because of the information on this site (in fact, I didn't find the answer to my question). I stayed because of the great sense of community that was obvious from the first Catster page that launched in my browser. Let's be honest, there are plenty of other websites that have much better and more comprehensive information available on the different breeds and on the basics of having a kitty. I'm sad to see that the people and cats who made up this site are being relegated in order to try and make Catster all things to all people, and the pages covered in moving ads are annoying. I wont be renewing my Plus membership.
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Suey: Whatever you do, don't leave Catster because we are a pawsome community of cats - even if we're on page two! Besides, we can do more for change if we stay rather than go. We're not buying zealies anymore as our way of protesting, but we will stick around because of the many friends we have and love!

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 3 June, 2010
    *=; at Humphrey!*
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Samoa~ I agree, we are not going anywere and are not purchasing any more zealies =;