Plus Opinion on Changes...

Comments

• TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Nice flag, Chey ;c;
  • Humphrey HauntedHumphrey Haunted CaliforniaMember Posts: 10,753
    edited 3 June, 2010
    And she made me and Humphrey kewl ones too - we loves them! *waves flag proudly*! =; Thank yew so much!
  • stacy mitchumstacy mitchum Bridgeport TXMember Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Suey, I agree with the others, leaving won't fix Catster and your friends will miss you terribly. There are some good people here- I am referring to members, we used to think a lot of the staff but our faith in them is very tarnished right now. We are staying to fight the Nutro battle in honor of our fallen friends and any others who may join this site and see the Nutro ads thinking this is acceptable food. We must help prevent more Nutro deaths. Like the others, we are on zealie strike too, no more purchases until the Nutro ads are GONE! HQ it's a simple choice, hope you use some conscience in making it, perhaps you should go back and read some of your own stories regarding Nutro deaths and recalls. I realize that most of them are a year old, but how soon could you forgive someone who KILLED one of your loved ones? They continue to make pets ill, with their poison food, check Consumer Complaints there are many very recent ones! Nutro fails to take any responsibility even when evidence proves their food is BAD and shows absolutely no remorse, except for PR purposes and as you know we can all see through the PR crap. My main photo shows what we are feeling right now better than I can express in writing. You have two offerings, which will you take?
  • Laura CarterLaura Carter ReidsvilleMember Posts: 7,943
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I and my furramily are DEFINITELY NOT supportive of Nutro ads on CATSTER!!!
  • WilsonJScooterWilsonJScooter St. Helena, CaMember Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    GO TO drbarchas.com/contact and ask our blog vet this question Dear Dr. Barchas, Do you recommend Nutro foods for our cats and dogs since the advertisements are all around your Catster/Dogster Blog? Please respond. Sincerely, Let's see what he has to say
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Is there some reason for the white space? A fun community site with all this white just isn't as much fun, heck I'd take the old green over this white! Is there a reason for it on the community pages?
  • edited 3 June, 2010
    Did you know, that according to Catster/Dogster\'s Terms of Service; QUOTE: The catster.com service is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. Businesses, organizations or other legal entities may not use the catster.com service for any purpose. So, Nutro\'s Catster/Dogster Groups, run and maintained by Nutro Company Employees, is a voilation of the TOS... Isn\'t that interesting. :-k
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 3 June, 2010
    That is interesting Loki...Wonder how they got around that.
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Thanks Coco! *takes a bow* So Catster? How long will it take you to come up with some other silly answer? I don't think this battle will be forgotten any time soon...
  • Rachel HicksRachel Hicks Littleton/DenverMember Posts: 23,738
    edited 3 June, 2010
    *hugs Loki* Thank you so much for your willingness to support the "No to Nutro" campaign. We truly do appreciate it. Let me give you a little tidbit of background info. Many many of our pawrents joined Facebook a couple of years ago when Catster launched their presence over there. Due to the Catster terms of service etc. it was MUCH easier to converse back & forth & actually launch this campaign to remove Nutro FROM Facebook. So you see it all kind of meshes together like it should BECAUSE of FB, not inspite of it. Once again thank you so much for your participation as we couldn't do this without you either. =;
  • Lisa BordenLisa Borden MedinaMember Posts: 13,210
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Exactly, Loki. The "picket line" as you call it (tagging the pictures "no to nutro") was actually my mom's idea. That idea was brought to life on Facebook. So you see, we are most definitely a part of the picket line. :)
  • WilsonJScooterWilsonJScooter St. Helena, CaMember Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    We are bringing our Facebook effort over to Catsterland right now. Your invitation will be in the mail today and we will 'UNIFY" our efforts. OUT OF MANY ... ONE! In the words of HQ... we will have something for you soon! MOL!!! :)) =; =; =;
  • Lisa BordenLisa Borden MedinaMember Posts: 13,210
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Please join our group! Dogs are welcome too!!! ;c; No to NUTRO!!!
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    WE JOINED!!!! Let's get this group growing!! The bigger the group, the better! Please have everyone in your family join in.
    edited 3 June, 2010
    We joined and think it's an excellent idea!
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Hmmmmm well all I said was it would be nice if people would try to stick to the issues and not be insulting to one another on a personal level in the blog on the community home page about the changes - the dialogue there has so far been to the point and polite - but my family has always been upbeat and positive here and I don't think it's cool for another member to speak insultingly to me in the blog. That is all I said.
    edited 4 June, 2010
    We joined and thank you so much fur creating the group - very kewl! =;
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I don't understand why you are censoring my posts as they are polite and to the point and really this is not helping matters here or making my family feel their voices are allowed to be heard?
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 4 June, 2010
    Hey everyfur, Please remember that if you have a question about the moderation of one of your posts, please send an email to [email protected] From Catster's Community Guidelines: Members should always respect the statements of forum moderators and HQ. It is fine if you disagree with HQ or a moderator action, but never forget the correct way to share your grievance is to directly contact HQ. The incorrect action is to challenge, defy, debate or ignore the moderator or HQ action in any of the public forums. Your coopawration is appreciated! Lori=;
  • Rachel HicksRachel Hicks Littleton/DenverMember Posts: 23,738
    edited 3 June, 2010
    *scratches head* I wonder what he said?:? BUT please don't tell me/us; not here anyway
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I see - we usually posts in groups and not here - and I wash furry polite and always am. :? I wash hoping HQ might join in the discussion ish all.
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I know there are plenty of us who are irate with HQ over the whole NUTRO thing & with some of the changes, but I think we have the right to air our displeasure, especially when HQ has told us to let them know what we think of the changes. We are still waiting for some changes & are still waiting to find out if HQ is going to be dropping NUTRO or not. Silence is not a good thing in this area HQ, we would like some answers & preferrably ones that don't leave us chasing our tails.
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Thank you Oly. I appreciates all you just said.
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 4 June, 2010
    :-h For those of you who I have not had the pawleasure of meeting, I am Catster's Community Manager. My responsibility is to make sure all members of the Community keep their participation on Catster within Community Guidelines and with the "Spirit of Catster; fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Again, the public Forums are not the place to discuss disagreements you are having with other members on the site, or to address questions about the moderation of the Forums by myself or one of our wonderful, volunteer Moderators. If you have questions or concerns about Catster's Community Guidelines, or how to keep your posts and discussions in the Forums within our Community Guidelines, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Members have also been provided with an email address to contact HQ directly with their concerns about advertisers on the site. The Original Poster (OP) of started this Thread to discuss the site re-design. Please help keep this Thread on topic.=; I am also a member of this Community and want to make sure that the areas for which I am responsible, keep with the "Spirit of Catster" at all times. Much meow, Lori :o)
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Lori, Steven, the Ad guy at HQ wrote posted in this thread regarding advertising and NUTRO so it's only fair that we be able to respond to his post Here.
  • Kathy MillerKathy Miller O'FallonMember Posts: 5,315 ✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Lori, I respectfully would like to point out that I prefer not to send emails to hq because many people have the same concerns and would like to discuss them in the open to share. And Ted has repeatedly said that we could post in the forums or send an email. As I see it one of the changes that happened is Nutro sponsoring the vet blog, so this topic should be well within the purview of this forum. So what changed? I suppose under your rules you can delete this because it questions your authority, but that is unwise and rather arbitrary.
    edited 3 June, 2010
    My posts have been polite - my family and I do not understand.
  • Kathy MillerKathy Miller O'FallonMember Posts: 5,315 ✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    And in the spirit of discussing design changes - why does the community page keep logging me out? And I would like a one-click shortcut to go back to the community page from any page I browse to. The orange button is awkward.
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 3 June, 2010
    So what, basically we aren't allowed to express our opinions anymore? The Nutro ads was a change to Catster, and even HQ has posted about it here, so yeah, we should be able to respond. I sure hope Catster isn't going to go all dictator and try to stop us from even talking about this. If that is hhow you are going to make us drop it, I'll tell you right now, it won't work. I'll ask this again, since my other post got buried... how do I turn off the automatic renewal for Plus, short of deleting my account? If this is how HQ is going to respond to us, then I want no part of this site any longer. Roger - I haven't seen anything mean in your posts either. :?
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Hi Chayenne! :-h We ish loving our avatars!