Pants! I love them!

Jason YoungbergJason Youngberg WheatonMember Posts: 251
edited 15 June, 2010 in Behavior & Training
When Daddy gets home he takes off his pants in favor of sweats and just dumps the pants wherever. (What do you expect, he's a bachelor!) I will jump into his pants and get comfortable in the waistband. When he gets dressed in the morning I like to roll around in his clothes before he puts them on and play with his rolled up socks like a ball! Why do I do this and does anyone else do this to their Daddies?

Comments

• Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 11 June, 2010
    Hi Pepi! I like to go into my mom and dad's closets (mostly my mom's) and drag out clean and dirty clothes! I like to knead on them too. Lately, I have been dragging around some blue sweater that mom has. I like her red work shirts too. :)) Mom just added two videos of me dragging and kneading on her blue sweater. :r They come home to clothes in the middle of the floors. I drag them all the wall down the hallway into the kitchen. I drag jeans, shirts, sweatshirts, underwear :r, socks...I have a special meow when I drag their clothes.
  • Nuk AnukNuk Anuk Member Posts: 846
    edited 12 June, 2010
    I love anything that has the smell of my human Dad. I want to sleep on his clothes! Sit in his seat and sometimes on him!
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 12 June, 2010
    It's Stella. As you can see from my pictures, I am mostly white fluff, and my person likes to wear black and dark colors, so I like to baptize all of her clothes when she first puts them on, rubbing on her legs and getting on her lap. If she leaves anything hanging on the end of the bed, I will pull it down and make a nest of it. Until she blocked me, I also liked to get into the laundry basket and make a nice furry nest of that. [Memo from Stella's human: Someone elsewhere on Catster told me this--you can remove a lot of cat hair in the washer if you wash the clothes with either a piece of stiff nylon net, or one of those string bags that potatoes and oranges come in. You can buy net in a fabric store. You probably need a piece about a yard long for a load. Not sure how long it lasts. It scrapes the fur off the clothes. If anyone invents something that removes fur really well, they will become incredibly rich! And that will be the one ad that we will really be glad to see on Catster! :D ]
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 12 June, 2010
    I love sleeping on both my human's clothes. I like mom's better, but only because she leaves clothes at the footpost, which means I can move them on the foot of the bed and make myself a bed with it. Dad leaves his clothes on the floor, which means it takes more work to make his clothes suitable for a nap. My brother Boris didn't use to do this, but now that he sees me do it, he's been doing it too. We also have this blanket on the couch that mom and dad are fond of, and we like that it smells like them, so sometimes Boris mouths it and moves it around the couch to suit his needs. :))!
  • edited 12 June, 2010
    OOOooooo! I LOOOOVE to roll in Dad's shirts at the end of the day... especially the armpit area. :)) Did anyone see the video on the Cat's Meow Blog where wildlife scientists are attracting big cats with (no joke) Obsession for Men? ... my reaction to that is, "well, duh!".
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 14 June, 2010
    It's Stella. Well, I can see why we are attracted to the smell of our people, the stinkier the better, They are part of our pack and it's comforting to smell them when they are gone. But why would a wild cat be attracted to the smell of an arificial, intensely chemically and stinky smell?! We've heard that they use extracts from the scent glands of civets in some perfumes, but I think they are not allowed to do that any more and have to use an artifical substitute. I wonder if the wild cats want to find the scent and pee on it to cover up the intrusion of that artifical smell in their home area.
  • Jennifer NovakJennifer Novak DC (But my heart is still in BMember Posts: 595
    edited 14 June, 2010
    Meowmmy's SHOES!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I started sticking my head inside them the very first night she brought me home. Purrs, COop
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 14 June, 2010
    Heh Coopurr. :)) Personally, I like daddy's shoes better. They have a nice dose of daddy stink to them, whereas mom's only smell like the outside, and that bewilders both of us cats. When I was a kitten though I once showed mommy my love for her by chewing up her favorite pair of pumps. Does that count? :D
  • AbbyCatAbbyCat Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited 15 June, 2010
    I enjoy lying and sometimes sleeping in my human daddy\'s gym bag. Smelly? No problem! I love it.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 15 June, 2010
    We all like to roll all over our meowmy's clothes. Since it has been so hot, she has to hang up her clothes to dry when she gets home before putting them in the laundry hamper. Sometimes we pull them down and roll all over them. And, of course, when she is wearing light colored clothes, Louie or Emma has to rub on her, and with dark colored clothes, Pete, Charmaine and I take turns putting a nice coat of fur on her....after all, what says "Love" more than cat hair on your clothes....MOL...MOL... Al Hirt and The New Orleans Kitties~a~
  • Karina GressKarina Gress Member Posts: 402
    edited 15 June, 2010
    I love my Papa Geoff\'s (mama\'s boyfriend) shoes! He has to hide them in the laundry room because I rub all over them, scratch, and even bite them. I see nothing wrong with this, I just love the smell of them.