Rumor Clarification: There Will Be No Change In The Price of Plus

Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
edited 6 August, 2010 in Plus Informational
Hi everyone, There's a rumor going around that the price of Plus is going to go up to $40 next year. It's not true at all. We have no intention or plan to change the price of Plus. All the things that you get now for Plus will still be available for the same price next year. You may now return to your scheduled fun.

Comments

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 June, 2010
    Thanks! =; I saw a suggestion for a tiered system with Plus @ $20 or $40, and I hope any 'tier' ideas won't be considered anytime soon, either.
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 18 June, 2010
    Absolutely, angel Scooter. :-h No thank you. No tiers for us either. Spend enough money on nothing.....I mean zealies.:-O
    edited 19 June, 2010
    Teddy Bearz, I thought of a tiered plan that COULD be attractive. No visible difference in the pages, but for an extra $20 a year you get a zillion zealies -- up front! %:D% Okay, maybe only 1,000 zealies. How about it, HQ? :-h 500? ;)
    edited 19 June, 2010
    =D>=D>=D> Love your suggestion, Angel Scooter! I second it. Sounds fantastic to me. %:D% Happy headbutts~ Teddy Bearz :c9
  • Guido The Italian KittyGuido The Italian Kitty Member Posts: 3,339
    edited 19 June, 2010
    Mister Ted posted on Community home page - this izza rumor he says. Not true
  • edited 28 June, 2010
    I never even considered this a rumor. It was a suggestion posed by some who were trying to find a solution for those of us who were/are upset by the N***O ad campaign. It might be a viable solution to some folks' thinking, but there is still the issue of Catster promoting a food that is not exactly supported by the community. New folks will come to the site, see the ads, and think it's a great food. :-# Then the Community gets the job of re-educating Joe/Jane Public all over again. A tiered subscription will not solve this issue. That's my 2 cents.
  • Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 9 February, 2011
    I wonder if www.moarrawr.com was a rumor too the site about catster being involved with animal cruelty sites. Plenty of Catsters are really "ticked " about this.
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Loki, I had not heard of the $40 as a rumor, but as I said up ^there^, I saw a suggestion for a tiered system. I didn't like that idea, either, although for reasons different than yours -- but we sort of agree on something. ;) KuJu Ku, regarding "catster being involved with animal cruelty sites"... moarrawr.com is true, as Loki pointed out. Whether that site could be described as an "animal cruelty site" is very questionable, in my opinion. From what I saw of the site, I don't think that's an apt description. I saw some of the site, although I admittedly did not look at every photo because I didn't have the stomach for it. I did not see purposeful animal cruelty or purposeful violence against animals. I saw some photos of animals in situations of distress, which I don't care to view, anyway. Also objectionable to me were the captions, which were apparently meant to be funny but which I thought were in very bad taste. As I said, though, I did not view every photo so I can only report about the photos I saw. Since this thread is way off topic now, it's probably time to notify a moderator so they can determine whether it should be closed. Seems there are enough *bad news/complaint* threads around lately and we probably don't need another one here. I was trying to have a little fun here with the suggestion of more zealies for another $20 (I think Teddy Bearz was, too, but I cannot speak for him), since *fun* seems in short supply around here lately. But right below me as I type this post are Guidelines for using Catster Forums, and one of them says: "Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions." *pushes the [notify] button on her own post* |/a/|
    edited 25 June, 2010
    Of course, I was having fun too, angel Scooter!
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ