Share the Best of Catster With Us!

Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
edited 5 August, 2010 in What I Love About Catster
Every single day, Catster attracts tens of thousands of visitors seeking information and support and everyday the Catster Community is there to offer them help and guidance; every Answer, Tip, and Forum post has comments and advice from you! How has the Catster Community helped you take better care of you cat? Post a link in this thread to a Forum post or Answer submitted by another member of the Community from which you and your cat benefited. The first 20 to do so will receive 25 Zealies! |:|Catster Community|:|

Comments

• Molly StrothkampMolly Strothkamp MesaMember Posts: 1,381
    edited 9 July, 2010
    The Catster Community was helpful for me when I was looking for ideas to make the trip to the vet less stressful for my kitty. * Anwers Thread *
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 9 July, 2010
    I was diagnosed with feline asthma and this forum had some good information in it. We especially like the advice about trying L lysine to help boost the immune system. Mommie found a food that has the lysine in it (Blue Spa Select) and since we started eating that, my symptoms have decreased in frequency. And we all like it! This is the forum:http://www.catster.com/forums/Cat_Health/thread/674957
  • RufusRufus BostonMember Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 July, 2010
    The Get Well Purr List was a Godsend for me and Momma during my lengthy illness. Thanks to the efforts of the incredible Hazel Lucy, we found the support and advice we needed during the difficult times. The wonderful Boxie Brown has taken over with a new Get Well Purr List, but the spirit is still the same. More than anything else, the Get Well Purr List and its community of supporters offer sick kitties and their families HOPE!

Rufus - In Loving Memory 12/17/07
    Official Spokescat for:
    Bobcat - Fluffy Angel 4/19/11 >^..^< Briana - Little Angel Girl 1/7/17 >^..^< Jack Matthew Cash >^..^< Hamlet

• L RaglandL Ragland TexasMember Posts: 8,088
    edited 9 July, 2010
    I have to agree that the Get Well Purr List by Hazel Lucy and now by Boxie Brown was so helpful when I was sick. I also found great information in the Happy Endings Adoption thread. Thanks. Sunshine hugs, Jazzi Angel
  • edited 9 July, 2010
    http://www.catster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/670363/last I posted in the above in Food and Nutrition and got some great feedback and answers. It is very helpful! Hugz and purrs, Sassy :-h
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 9 July, 2010
    Thanks for sharing the great links and posts! Keep them coming! :h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h::h:
  • Manxsters 4Manxsters 4 Manx MansionMember Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 July, 2010
    Mom turned to the Catster (and Dogster) Railroad Forum to save me and my Mom Cat Jillian from being euthanized. Time was running out for us! After two unsuccessful attempts, Loki\'s Mom went to bat for us to find more transporters. The third attempt worked and Operation Miracle Manx got us to our furrever home! http://www.catster.com/forums/Catster_Railroad/thread/427830
  • edited 9 July, 2010
    BOXIE BROWNS PRAYER LIST. http://www.catster.com/forums/Get_Well_Soon/thread/664516 THIS FORUM HAS ALWAYS MADE A DIFFERENCE TO US. WE KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IF ONE OF US IS ILL.
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    edited 9 July, 2010
    When losing one of my kitties last summer after having him for more than 11 years we found wonderful support and advice in the "Saying Goodbye" forum... everyone was so helpful!!
  • Lynda Van EttenLynda Van Etten Menands, NYMember Posts: 707
    edited 9 July, 2010
    Aw gee, mama said she can't pinpoint it down to one kitty or forum or human that made a difference. Really and truly, it's MANY members here that made a difference...and the groups...and the forums...jus' having Catster around as a site made a big difference. We discovered what fun it was to send treats and zealies, to make new furiends and to just be a cat! When mama came on Catster my brofur had just died. She was still hurting so bad from letting him go, but knowing he was (and is!) in heaven healthy and happy. Finding a site for kitties was purrfect. Being able to make us pages was therapeutic fur her. She made him a page and me too...and we got LOTS and LOTS of furiends who paw mailed, posted forum thingies, invited us to groups, etc. All the while she purrayed for what God wanted her to do next: get anofur kitty or wait. Then in mid 2008 mama says "Life happened" (mama is bipolar and was undiagnosed then) and she got really super depressed, almost closed her account. But she hung in there and got lots of support. Even I got support from ofur kitties! Just having ofurs we could talk to and meet online was helpful. I got to share more about me, find a brusselball team, and more. We even got to meet Christian kitties and humans! Then after waiting several months, mama's purrayers for anofur kitty were answered with TWO more! Now she is FURRY happy with me and my new brofurs Daniel and Solomon, and we are happy to have her type up our diary entries and posts, altho sometimes we wish she'd do it a little faster. AND...just lately my brofurs found girlfuriends here! I haven't decided yet if I'm wanting a boyfuriend because I'm an old gal and I'll be 11 in September...but anyway....you get the idea! Respectfully, Miss Greta the Great ;)
  • NANCI De NURENANCI De NURE Deer Park, WaMember Posts: 188
    edited 9 July, 2010
    Catster gave me many new friends.Tiger, Tilly , Ra & Utu so many mamy friends . friends who purred for me when i was sick. Catster also helped my mom when i was told i had diabetes & asthma. so many good tips . the Catster family is a very loving groupe.i love you all. so do Scout, Xena & Rubyjane,mom also. ROO
    edited 9 July, 2010
    I love Catster. but i liked the old Catster better. to much white !! i liked the brown better it was the BEST OF CATSTER!!!! :?
    edited 9 July, 2010
    I love Catster. but i liked the old Catster better. to much white !! i liked the brown better it was the BEST OF CATSTER!!!! :?
  • Mary BushMary Bush RacineMember Posts: 30,658
    edited 9 July, 2010
    http://www.catster.com/forums/Cat_Health/thread/409699/1 Mom was looking for information on rodent ulcers and this link showed up in Google search. That was when she realized that there was more here than just a myspace for kitties!! Hugs, Boss
  • Kitty_Pryde_and_JackKitty_Pryde_and_Jack los angelesMember Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 July, 2010
    Catster Is our favfurrrite site to go on. We have made sooo many furrriends and even mommy made furrriends with other catster pawrents. We found catster when mommy was looking fur answers on medicine fur indiana 'cause he had a pelvic issue and we came across some great answers and diaries. We heart catster!;c;

Kitty Pryde and Jack

• Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 July, 2010
    We honestly can't pinpoint one post or answer. We can say that Catster was amazing in helping my Mom deal with all of my medical issues when I arrived here. So many amazing kitties - such as Hunter - helped Mom learn more about diabetes. When I had my cataract surgery at Cornell, Mom was far far away from home, alone in a hotel room so scared for me. It was our Catster friends that helped her get through the fear and stress of it. They were there for us through surgery, recovery and my whole life. We love Catster and are very blessed to have met so many amazing friends through the love of kitties
  • edited 10 July, 2010
    The Get well Purr list is a favorite site of mine. It's a wonderful site where we can find Catster kitties we need purrs, love, and support. Thank you to lovely Hazel Lucy who gave countless time to create this Forum. She has retired and now Boxie Brown keeps up with all the sick kitties who need purrs. Thank you Boxie Brown. Link to The get well purr list. http://www.catster.com/forums/Get_Well_Soon/thread/664516 Love, Riley
  • SparkmanSparkman DuluthMember Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 July, 2010
    Whenever I've had a question, I ask Samoa (283038) and her family. They know all sorts of important stuff, and deliver it with a great laugh of two. And she wears boas. Clearly the Queen of Catsterland.
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 July, 2010
    *blows a kiss to Sparkman* What we love best about Catster can't be found in a forum thread - it is the many wonderful friendships we have made, and the support of those friends in good times and sad times. We have felt the best of Catster (and Dogster) when Autumn, Rocky, Spunky, and Calvin made their journeys to the bridge. You can't buy that kind of support and love. It's the Catster Magic that we have written about many times in our diaries. =;

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Calico Junction SanctuaryCalico Junction Sanctuary Virginia (Shenandoah Valley)Member Posts: 111
    edited 10 July, 2010
    When I post my diary and state a problem, it brings fellow Catster\'s with similar problems or answers to my aid. Sometimes just a comment placed on a photo or diary by a fellow Catster leads to some very wise and comforting advise. http://www.catster.com/forums/post.php# This is why \"Catster\" itself is the best source for any type of information. http://www.catster.com/forums/post.php# Fellow Catster\'s are more then happy to direct you to a, Fellow Catster or a sight. This is the best way to receive answers to your question or problem.
  • Calico Junction SanctuaryCalico Junction Sanctuary Virginia (Shenandoah Valley)Member Posts: 111
    edited 10 July, 2010
    When I post my diary and state a problem, it brings fellow Catster's with similar problems or answers to my aid. Sometimes just a comment placed on a photo or diary by a fellow Catster leads to some very wise and comforting advise. This is why "Catster" itself is the best source for any type of information. Fellow Catster's are more then happy to direct you to a, Fellow Catster or a sight. This is the best way to receive answers to your question or problem.
  • Michele KushmederMichele Kushmeder HazletonMember Posts: 36
    edited 12 July, 2010
    There are some many great things about Catster. We love the friendships, the beautiful pictures, and creative diary enteries, and particpating in the various groups and forums. I have several heart defects and really love the support and advice and purrs that members give one another. We also enjoy participating in the contests. There is just so much to enjoy!
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 13 July, 2010
    What I love best about Catster, is the great friendships I have made on here! =;=;=;=;=;=;=; What I remember most, is the huge support I got, from all the other kitties, when the kittens got neutered. Yes, not a big deal to some, and fairly minor, compared to some issues, but it had me a wreck. So many nice kitties help my hand, mol, and assured me, it was going to be all OK, which it was, mol. The support I got, for something that was important to me, was overwhelming, and I will never forget it. =D>=D>=D>=D>=D> I also like, that the Catster family members, let me be me. We all know how overly pickey I am, mol, and they give me a wide latitude on that. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 16 July, 2010
    We found this post by Shadow on the importance of nutrition in preventing health issues in the Food and Nutrition forum to be very informative and helpful. :)
  • Manxsters 4Manxsters 4 Manx MansionMember Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Today is the third annifursary of Operation Miracle Manx and the safe arrival of me and my Mom cat Jillian to our furever home! ;c; PS HQ you promised 25 Zealies to the first 20 who responded here and I was #6. Where are my Zealies?:-k I want to share them with others.%:D%
  • Linda AbramsLinda Abrams Joanna, SC 29351Member Posts: 555 ✭✭
    edited 22 July, 2010
    I've been amazed at the amount of knowledge I've been able to tap into here. Sometimes just reading the forums and the answers will clarify someting for me. For instance, both cats are on no grain, all canned food diet and there is such a difference in their coats in just a couple of weeks. Thank you all for your helpfulness and caring attitudes.
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 29 July, 2010
    Thanks again for all the great posts and links and thank you for lovin' Catster! Zealies have been posted to your accounts! Have FUN! :o)
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 August, 2010
    I know it's all over but I'd sure like to see this carried on. We received so much support when I went missing. Alfie formed a group and many joined supporting us. I was found 6 months later with the help af all our Catster friends. The group is still there today with a new title http://www.catster.com/group/Purrs_and_woofs_for_the_missing-12424 It has a lot of good information for anyone else missing their furry friends. ~a~Yay~a~to Catster~a~:^:~a~Yay~a~to furry furiends~a~
  • shannon congdonshannon congdon Member Posts: 31
    edited 5 August, 2010
    My beautiful Pookie was a very unique little girl, with a variety of different ailments...caster's forum helped me find out a lot of information leading to her mysterious tumor and what it was. Plus not to for get the loving support we got when she just past away this past May, she was almost 3 and will be sorely missed! I keep Pookie on Catster because I love people being able to see her when passing by and I love how Catster people understand the love/loss of a kitty more than most and its also my way of visiting her when I need to see her pretty face! Thanks Catster!