do I need to worry

Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
edited 17 August, 2010 in Cat Health
well, there is a little feral kitten that has been hanging around, been trying to make friends with it . I left some food out for it, and took Tigger out on his leash. Low & behold, he walked to the back part of the yard, and there is the little one, who ran right up to him, and yes they touched noses before I could pull him back. It was brief, and the kitten does look pretty healthy for a feral, but should I worry about Tig catching anything? I swear it was like a second, but still he is my baby, and I am a worried Mom. thanks

Comments

• Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 16 August, 2010
    Hmmmm, I wouldn't freak out too much yet or jump the gun Tigger's momma. We know how very much you love him and he's also important to us! But if it was super quick and they only touched noses for a second, I wouldn't be too concerned. Just try not to let them come in contact again unless the feral gets checked out. Now I know you're going to worry so don't go imagining symptoms of anything just yet okay? Keep calm, we'll talk you off the ledge if we have to. My momma has freaked about plenty of things, believe me. So we know what it's like. :D
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    edited 17 August, 2010
    Tigger should be fine. There is nothing he could catch just from a simple nose touch. Even feline leukemia takes more contact than that. It is good he was friendly with the kitten so if you can catch the little guy and he checks out OK they could be friends.