White, odorless discharge from between the legs??

Alisha HowardAlisha Howard Member Posts: 1
edited 25 August, 2010 in Cat Health
Hi there! I have adopted two littermates, Bella (female) and Frankie (male), who will be 4 months old Sept. 1st. I can\'t get them spayed or neutered until they are 4 months, and as they approach that date, I\'ve been keeping a close eye on them. Tonight, I grabbed Frankie to give him a kiss, and noticed his back legs were wet. There was a white, thick discharge around his penis and it didn\'t have an odor. I tried to look but he squirmed and got away. When I caught him again, he was dry (I\'m assuming he licked it away). Should I be worried? I\'m a first time Mom, and of course, freak out about everything. Is it possible for kittens to sexually mature before 4 months? He\'s eating (everything he can get his paws on) and playing (yanking clothes off their hangers seems to be a crowd favorite), so I don\'t think he\'s sick. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 24 August, 2010
    I am not sure about this, but I wanted to bump you up to the top so maybe someone could help. Did you call the vet & ask them? They might be able to give you an answer over the phone. Good luck
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 24 August, 2010
    Maybe anal gland secretions? :-k A trip to the vet won't hurt.
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Definatly call your vet and take him in if they think its needed. Sometimes they can answer the question over the phone, but if not its better to be safe than sorry.