diuretic effects

Karina GressKarina Gress Member Posts: 402
edited 25 August, 2010 in Cat Health
Henry has been on diuretics (Lasix) for a couple months now, to help with his heart problems. But OMG, he drinks all day out of a tub faucet and pees like a race horse. Despite using scoopable litter, it will actually puddle on the surface there\'s so much. The vet has done blood and urine tests, and said everything is normal and this is to be expected. I know it is from my own experience with BP meds, but I need some help coping. Is anyone else on a diuretic, and how did you cope with the increased urine output? I use arm&hammer multi cat litter, and until now, it\'s been great. I\'ve been putting extra in the box, but it\'s still saturated by the end of the day when I come home. I have 3 boxes for my 3 cats, and there\'s no room for a 4th box. Wouldn\'t matter anyway because Henry only uses one of them. Is extra litter and scooping the only answer?

Comments

• Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 25 August, 2010
    you may have to try a few different litters - to see if you can find one a ittle more absorbent. I have been trying World's Best multicat, and it seems to be pretty good. Hope someone has more ideas too. purrs