Open wound

Babydoll MackeyBabydoll Mackey Fort WayneMember Posts: 384
edited 26 August, 2010 in Cat Health
today mom was cutting a knot out of my fur and she cut me. it didn\'t bleed and isn\'t very deep. i didn\'t meow or howl, just jumped when it happened. afterwards i jumped off the kitchen table and wanted to play. i ate and drank too. plus, been jumping on things. mom\'s worried because its right behind my front leg. in a fleshy fatty area. since i\'m acting fine, do you think its necessary to take me to the scarey vet? mom would compare it to a non bleeding knife cut(like what happens if you cut yourself cutting up veggies). should she just watch for signs of pain/infection?

Comments

• Sally WaldronSally Waldron Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭
    edited 26 August, 2010
    Whenever my kitties got small cuts or scrapes I would just watch them for a few days to make sure it didn't get infected, but I come from a farm family that used to have a wait and see attitude about animals with small injuries. I am not sure what you could put on it to disinfect it. I would see how it looks in the morning and if it looks red, give the vet a call, they might be able to give you some ideas over the phone.