Football Kitties Please READ THIS One, and ignore the other football posts :-)

Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
edited 8 January, 2011 in What I Love About Catster
Some kitties were going to the original post, to read the rules, which the Catster fleas ate, mol, and its blank, and some kitties were going to the recent post, and some were getting confused, mol. :-O So I thought it would be easier, to just have one post, football kitties could refer to, and make it easier for them. :-h These are the rules. :D Sundays games picks, must be rec'd by Sunday at high noon, EST, as games on Sunday, start at 1pm EST. If there is a Thursday game, picks must be rec'd by 1 hour before kickoff, EST. I will post the schedule on Tues or Wed, and let you know, if there is a Thurs game. Kitties standings, will be posted, every week, on Tues or Wed. Kitties will be put in divisions, by what team they like, for example, Dallas is in the Eastern Division, so Bump, Cowboy and Cruiser would be in the Eastern Division. Kitties from the same household, can play, and they can pick the same team, or a different team. Each game you got correct, is a game won in your division, each game you got wrong, is a game you lost in your division, ties are ties, same as the NFL does it now. Kitties will have to qualify for the playoffs, just as the NFL teams do now, we will have division winners, and wild cards, and only those kitties will advance to the playoffs. The Kitty Super Bowl winner, gets to pick the zelia they want, and they get bragging rights, until next season starts. I know this is a little confusing to some kitties, but after the first few weeks, you will get the hang of it. All kitties are welcome to play. Please remember, to include all games in your picks, any games ommitted, will count as a loss, so check them before you send them, don;t want Bump to win his division, because another kitty in his division, forgot to pick a game, mol. Bump, Cowboy and Cruiser, will send a copy of their picks to Apollo, just to keep this on the up and up. So, if all kitties could please send me, what team they like, or what division they want to go into, its entirely your choice. Please refer to NFL.com for the different divisions. And if ya have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and please keep all posts to this post, so as to not confuse other kitties, mol. Just a reminder, Thurs game, Minnesota vs New Orleans, kickoff is 8;30pm EST, picks for that game must be rec'd by 7;30pm EST. This is going to be alot of fun, this season!!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 September, 2010
    Closed the other two for ya, Cowboy! :-h Yay, football !!!! Yay, football !!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 7 September, 2010
    Pepper is Saints Allie is Cowboys
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 8 September, 2010
    AnnaBelle (being born and spending her first year of life in Louisiana) is Saints Misty (being born and lived all of her life in Texas) is Cowboys We dont know how well we are going to be at picking these things...but we wants to try MOL. We post the picks to this thread or Pmail you bumpurr? We are confuzed kitties MOL :))!
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 8 September, 2010
    Thanks Apollo!! :-h Please paw mail Cowboy your football picks. ~b~ I used to run the football pool at work, it was $1.00 a week, winner take all, had like over 100 people playing every week. I been a Cowboy fan since I was in 6th grade, mol, which is like alot of yrs ago, mol. And ya know who always did well every week? My brothers wife, who knew nothing, about football. She picked them by which city she liked, mol, so ya just never know, its all for fun, and anybody can win. =; Apollo, let me know, which team/teams Apollo, Athena and Aragorn want to go by. %:D%
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 September, 2010
    Apollo, Athena and Aragorn go with the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;
  • edited 9 September, 2010
    Jacques & Cole are 49er fans. We are too late for today (Thursday) but will try to get with it!
  • edited 9 September, 2010
    I is really confused. Where are the game schedules posted? ...or do we look them up ourselves? Sorry to be a bother, but we have had lots of trouble with getting around Catster.
    edited 9 September, 2010
    Your not too late for the Thurs night game, kickoff is 8;30pm EST, I can take picks for the Thurs game until 7;30pm EST. Sorry about the schedule, my fault, mol, was trying to combine everything from the other 2 posts, which the Catster fleas ate, mol, and Catster shut down for me, so kitties wouldn't keep going to them. And forgot to post Week 1 again. :D ***Annabelle, Misty, Allie Kat, and Zoe*** need to know what your favorite team is. For Sundays games, you have until high noon, EST to get those picks in. Week 1 Thursday Minnesota at New Orleans 8;30pm est Sunday Denver at Jacksonville Oakland at Tennessee Cincinnati at New England Cleveland at Tampa Bay Indianapolis at Houston Detroit at Chicago Atlanta at Pittsburgh Miami at Buffalo Carolina at NY Giants Green Bay at Philidelphia Arizona at St Louis San Francisco at Seattle Dallas at Washington Monday Baltimore at NY Jets San Diego at Kansas City Just to keep this on the up and up, Bump, Cowboy and Cruiser sent their Thurs picks to Apollo. :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 9 September, 2010
    GEAUX SAINTS!!!;c; Mommy was raised in La. I lived there for one wonpurrful year! PEP
    edited 9 September, 2010
    Since the game has already started, well 7-0 Saints right now, mol, can say this now, I hope, ya all hand Farve, his bee-hind, Pepper, mol. :)) Dallas, ain't forgot, what Farve did to them in the playoff game. Beating Dallas is one thing, we can deal with that, Dallas played poorly in the whole game, and pretty much quit in the 3rd quarter, that is on Dallas. :r But running up the score, like Farve did, THAT....... Dallas will never forget or forgive, and we got real long memories, and there will be some serious payback, come the Dallas - Minnesota game, down in Big D. And, Dallas is still looking for payback, against the Colts, for what was done to them in the Super Bowl. At that time, passes could not be tipped from one offensive player, to another, unless a defender touched it inbetween. The ref said Dallas touched it, gave the ball to the Colts, it should have been an incomplete pass. The Colts kicked a FG, and won 16-13. :-O We still waitin on meetin the Colts in the Super Bowl, gonna happen this year. =; We waited a real long time, to get payback against the Steelers, back from the Staubach years, and we finally got it, its called Super Bowl XXX. =D> Ask Allie's daddy, if he is a true Dallas fan, he would remember the Super Bowl against the Colts, mol, and he certainly can't have forgotten what Farve did, last season. :D So Bump, Cowboy and Cruiser, all picked New Orleans, Apollo is their witness, mol. :))
  • edited 10 September, 2010
    Other than the 'Niners, we love New Orleans! Well, the cat mother fell asleep, but we want to thank The Commissioners for posting the schedule. Whew...talk about confusion; but we are okay now! READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 10 September, 2010
    We posted our favorate teams. Annabelle is for the saints and Misty is for the Cowboys. Oh, and we pawmailed you our picks earlier. I is So happy the saints kicked tail today ;c;
    Apollo, I know what ya corrected, mol, thanks! :-h Anybody know Zoe? He is the only kitty I need to know, which is his favorite team, mol, have all the others. :D I figured the first week, would be a little hectic, mol, trying to put this all together. :-k All kitties are invited to come play in the Late Late Show, Friday night, we have a real good time, and they serve alot of good food, which Bump ain't allowed no people foodies, mol. Hope to see ya all there tonight! Apollo can tell ya all more about it. :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h These are the kitties and divisions, by their teams, I have so far, check yours, if ya want to go into another division, let me know. ;c; East Division Bumpurr Cowboy Cruiser Allie Misty South Division Annabelle Pepper North Division Apollo Athena Aragorn West Division Jacques Cole Did I miss any kitties? :-h Final Score, New Orleans 14 Minnesota 9, all kitties who picked New Orleans, their division record, so far, is 1-0-0. %:D%
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    Don't forget me!!! ~a~ GOOOO BENGALS!
    Hey Cheyanne! So glad you joined us! :D You just joined Apollo, Athena and Aragorn, in the North Division. ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; Haven't heard from Zoe yet, have his picks, just need to know what team he likes, hope its the South or West, that would even things up, mol. =;=;=;=;=;=;=;=; If division kitties are tied, at the end of the season, first tie breaker, is head to head competition, your teams that you like, if still tied, second tie breaker, is division record, your kitty division, same as the NFL does it. Third tie breaker is Conference record, which we don't have NFC - AFC, mol, not enough kitties to split it, mol. Might have to go to your teams Conference record, will have to think on it, mol, trying to keep this as close to as the NFL does it. Kitties who win their division, advance to the playoffs, and 2 wild cards, which would be the kitties with the 2 nd place finish in their divisions. Hope no kitties are tied with that one, as that tie breaker, is beyond a mess, mol, will have to do the tie breakers on those, the same way. :D :D :D
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    Err... when it comes to that you might have to paint me a picture... 'cause I'm kinda lost. :r Wow I have missed alot.
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    Im For the Vikings! So add me to the North
    Cheyanne, you mean the playoffs, the tie breakers, or the division and wild cards? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    edited 11 September, 2010
    Would like to Welcome some kitties who joined our football pool, last night! :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h Cheyanne - North Ruben - North Gordy - North Toby - West So glad you kitties joined us!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; The Divisions that changed, are now: North ==== Apollo Athena Aragorn Zoe Cheyanne Ruben Gordy West === Jacques Cole Toby Just a reminder, mol, Sundays picks must be rec'd by Sunday at high noon EST. =;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;
  • edited 11 September, 2010
    We sent our picks to Cowboy... right? Jacques and I are \'Niners Cats, but our choices for others aren\'t always the same! Hey, Toby... guess we all is the West Division! GO \'NINERS !!!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    Well, let's see..... Roxanne was the only kitty in our family born in Pittsburgh. Although I was born in Florida, Mommy was raised in Pittsburgh so love the Steelers as you all know:) Miranda was born in Florida also, She's Daddy's girl and Daddy was raised in Miami, so she loves the Dolphins (AKA the Flounders) Roxanne resides in Kitty Heaven - don't know what team THEY root for, maybe the Saints? That would make sense to me. But Rox is from Pittsburgh so she SHOULD root for the Steelers IMO. Mir and I now reside in central Georgia. Since it's not Atlanta, no one around here seems to be Falcons fans. All the humans around here like- gasp- the BULLDOGS!:-O No offense to UGA, but it would be a crime against nature for us to root for any kind of dog. So there you have it. Should Mir and I send separate picks? If that would help you, we can get Daddy to help us pick. Let us know.
    Yes!! Geaux Saints|/a/| However, it might unnecessarily complicate things for me to send a third set of picks from our family. Cowboy, I think perhaps I should just remain quietly in the wings (hahahaha) and root for the Saints or the Steelers or whoever and you can place me in whichever division (or none at all) that works for you
    Cowboy, thank you for reposting. Catster has been rather goofy lately, no? Hahaha, Zoe......Mommy has one of those "Flounders" on her fantasy team.:D
    Yuppers, gots yours, mol. :-h I been following football, for a very long time, and if you watch the history of it, teams cycle, per say. The good ones stay good for a few years, then they fall a few, but they don't fall very far, they consistantly, stay near the top. The middle teams, pretty much stay in the middle, but a few will rise to the top, don't stay there too long, or they hover near the top. The bottom teams, the majority of them, stay at the bottom. A handful, on occassion, kinda make it near the top, or rare, one or two of them, make it to the top. But you can see, its a huge effort for them, and they fall back pretty quickly, to the bottom, kind one hit wonders, per say. What I am getting too, is Dallas and San Francisco, have always been one the top teams, they may fall a little, but they cycle back right on top, never fall too far. Dallas has always been one of the cream teams, as well as San Fran. But after they went thru Montana and Young, they kinda fell down, and just never seemed to recover, they too, always were a cream team, that cycled back on top. Been waiting for them to recycle back on top, been waiting for them to do it. Everybody says naaa, they are gone. I say nope, they will be back, they are going to be back, seem to get a little closer every year. I think they have finally hit their stride, and the other NFC teams best keep an eye on them, mol. It was always, the road to the Super Bowl, ran thru Dallas or San Fran, NFC teams, knew, they had to play one or the other. I ain't forgot "the catch", mol, Dallas was like 30 seconds from winning and advancing, mol, but will wait for ya all, to get back on top, beeee-forrrr, we all "smack" ya back down, mol. :)) :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h
    Haha, are you meowing about that "catch" in the 1970's by Franco Harris? BTW - I just saw in your post you haven't heard from me. I *did* send picks to you on Tuesday or Wednesday, did you not get them? The stoopid p-mail no longer has a "sent" box so I can't check (insert hissed-off icon here)
    Ya know, those Catster fleas, have been real busy and real baddy boys lateley. When I posted about "the catch" was referring, to the infamous game, Dallas - San Franciso, and replying to Cole's post, about San Francisco 49ers. Your posts were not even there, mol, but I see, now they are, in between, Cole's and Cowboy's. :)) I have your picks, told Apollo that last night, mol, kept referring to you, as "he", and Apollo told me you are a girl, mol. When I said I hadn't heard from you, I meant hadn't heard from you, as to what is your favorite team, mol, thats how I am sticking kitties in Divisions. Was going to do it, by where kitties lived, but we had an overload in the East. Apollo told me you are a Steelers fan, so put you in the North. :-h I don't have any picks from Miranda, everybody last night told me, Miranda is a Miami fan, and she is more than welcome to play. She would be in the East. :D We would love to have Roxanne play too, and she can pick what is her favorite team, and thats the Division she goes in. Picks have to be rec'd by high noon on Sunday EST. If I could ask Roxanne one small favor, if she could please watch over little Ember, he was rescued before his little eyes were even open, and bottle fed, he didn't make it. Coal and Ember;s story is in the Adoption section. Coal and Ember are not mine, but was helping their foster mommy find them a home, and got kinda attached to both of them. Ember;s passing, is in the Kitten section. :(( I do remember that Franco Harris catch, altho it is not referred to as "the catch", forget now, what it was called, mol. Dallas was already in the Super Bowl, I was watching that game, to see who Dallas would play. It was later ruled, Franco did not catch it, but the ref said, as they were playing in Pittsburgh, and it determined the outcome of the game, he was afraid the Pittsburgh fans would kill him, mol. Oakland should have won that game, and played Dallas in the Super Bowl, but just as Pittsburgh beat Dallas, Oakland would have kicked our bee-hinds too, mol. But...... there is Super Bowl XXX. :))
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    Well, mom is totally confused about divisions and we didn\'t see our name so not sure what that means.... Can some kitty please P-mail us...Oh, Miranda!!! Thanks, Gysmo
    Hi Gysmo! :-h You pick, whatever your favorite team is. Whatever that Division, that team is really in, thats the Division you go in. All you have to do, is tell me your favorite team. I put you in the right Division. Thru out the season, games you get correct, is a game won in your division, a game you got wrong, is a game lost in your division. Kitties have to qualify for the playoffs, we will have Division winners, and 2 Wild Cards, just as the NFL does it now. Here is a list, of which teams, are in what Divisions. We don't have enough kitties to split it NFC - AFC, so just going to have Divisions. AFC East Team New England Patriots New York Jets Buffalo Bills Miami Dolphins AFC North Team Baltimore Ravens Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns AFC South Team Indianapolis Colts Jacksonville Jaguars Tennessee Titans Houston Texans AFC West Team San Diego Chargers Denver Broncos Oakland Raiders Kansas City Chiefs NFC East Team New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles Dallas Cowboys Washington Redskins NFC North Team Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings Detroit Lions Chicago Bears NFC South Team New Orleans Saints Atlanta Falcons Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carolina Panthers NFC West Team Seattle Seahawks San Francisco 49ers Arizona Cardinals St. Louis Rams Bump is a Dallas fan, Dallas is in the East, so Bump is in the East Division. Miranda is a Miami fan, Miami is in the East, so Miranda is in the East Division, along with Bump. After we do a couple of weeks, it will be much clearer, mol. :-h :D:D:D
    Please welcome Gysmo, to our kitties footyball pool!! :-h Gysmo, got your picks, Tampa Bay is in the South Division, so you go in the South, where you will join Annabelle and Pepper. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Just love your blinking eyes, its so cool! ;)
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    I\'m totally confused! I thought I signed up for the Pittsburgh Steelers! Am I too late? I know I missed Thursday\'s game! I didn\'t realize the season started?:? So if it isn\'t too late, I\'d like to join in on the fun! I\'ll send you my picks now Cowboy before I forget! Go STEELERS! ;c;