Football Kitties Please READ THIS One, and ignore the other football posts :-)

Comments

• Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 8 November, 2010
    *Allie pulls the soap box out from under Pepper* :-$ It is nap time!:D
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 8 November, 2010
    *Moving van arrives, and the toys are packed, Bump is on his way down to LA* When you hear the pounding on your door, in the middle of the night, its Bump, best not anser the door. :)) I actually think, Jerry Jones is starting to realize, its his fault, and I also think, there are things, going on, that the public is not going to be made aware of. As so many pointed out, fans, announcers, other coaches, its pretty much the exact same players and coaching staff, that they went to the playoffs with last year and the year before. Dallas has just flat out quit, they are not even trying, its so obvious, which is another reason I think there is more to the story. But as one announcer said, think it was Trent Dilfert, everything you do as a player, is on film, and it will be evaluated, as in, will they keep the player, or let him go. Dez Bryant, is still the only player that is still trying. But they have had their issues even before this, Romo was not playing that great, dropped balls, wrong routes run, no blocking, p poor tackling, so whatever it is or was, it started way before this season. Staubach even offered to come in and play QB, ya know, even at his age, he could get it done, the players respected and played for him, guys used to say, if Roger was in there, we always felt we could come back and win, hence, they called him Captain Comeback. Ah...... the controversity surrounding Dallas, nothing new to us, mol. :)) Allie, put Pepper down for a nappy, and hang in there, Bump is on his way, to help you. :))
    edited 8 November, 2010
    From NFL.Com In the wake of an embarrassing 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers, the Dallas Cowboys have fired head coach Wade Phillips, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi confirms. Assistant head coach Jason Garrett will replace Phillips on an interim basis, according to Lombardi. This is the first time the Cowboys have fired a head coach in the middle of the season, something owner Jerry Jones had publicly said he was hesitant to do amid the team's early struggles.
    edited 8 November, 2010
    What did I tell you yesterday, mol, if Dallas loses to Green Bay, Wade will be gone on Monday, and told ya, what Jerry Jones says, is not, what he does, said he would not, I knew he would, I know Jerry. :D Was watching Sportscenter this morn, did not go to work, had a upset tummy, could not sleep all night, I prob ate too much baby food, mol, and they said there is some big announcement coming at 5:00 today. Figured it was Wade being fired. If ya watch the Jerry Jones interview, it was on last night, and its on NFL.com, he said alot, coaches and players, are going to pay the consaquences. ::o
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Lil Cruiser, I know you have made some fab dishes for tonight. *Pep helps set up buffet* Everyone, my dear little adopted nephew has made a buffet of foods from his Chef's school. He shall be the next Emeril. Oh I smell an excellent duck that has been roasted to purrfection. I smell crab steamed to purrfection! And Cruiser, I smell potatoes with Italian seasoning. *Pep drifts off into a food coma:D *
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Watched NFL Live and Sportscenter tonight, Dallas players said they were shocked by the decision. Well.... what the heck did they think was going to happen????? Ya all didn't just lose the game, not like ya played hard and fought, that would have kept Wade there, ya just sat right down and quit, and oh by the way, ya did it on a nationaly televised game, on like oh, ah a Sun night game. Geez...... even I ain't that stupid. Last night, not being able to sleep, watched one of the sports shows, and Michael Irvin said he wants a coach to motivate him to play?????? What the heck?????? The fact that you even made it to "the show", ya all play in the NFL, not like oh Arena football, and oh by the way, ya get paid like hundreds of thousands of dollors to do it, if not for some millions. And you want a coach, to motivate you to play????? Geez dude, you do realize, only a handful of talented college players even make it to the NFL, which as Hank Stram used to say, Not For Long, if you keep playing like that. Maybe you should try working at Mc D's flipping burgers or scrub toilets, then, maybe, you will appreciate the oprotunity, you have been blessed with, and motivate your own self!!!!!!!! And Jerry Jones is part of the prob too. Fans complaining he gots his hand in the cookie jar is one thing, now ya got every freakin announcer sayin it too, on TV, thats another thing. Oh,, and Collins got fined $50,000 for the helmet to helmet hit on Roy Williams. If Jason Garrett, wants to be the head coach, of the Dallas Cowboys, here is his chance, he needs to go in there and rip them a new one, and tell them, if ya don't want to play, you can sit on the bench. I would rather have 2nd and 3rd stringers playing, who want to play. Altho he is the offensive coordinator, and some of his play calling sucked big time. So I do believe, and been right so far, as I do know Jerry, if Jason don't get some kind of spark out of them, and at least get them playing better, he too, will be gone next season. All the announcers been a sayin' the fans want a big name coach in there, like Cower or Gruden, and Jerry does listen to the fans, as they are the ones, that spend the money for tickets and Dallas stuff. :D I do know, if Dallas only wins one more game this season, it best be the TG game, or Cowboy is doomed to have the Saints Come Marching In song on his page, gettin a headache just thinkin about it. :))
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Do you need help finding the song? No, honestly, I HOPE this is an eye awaking message after 15+ years to Jones. They were 15 games down Aikman's first year. FOR A REASON! REBUILD! It happens. The problem this year, no matter where the blame... a lot of good talent has gave up. Be it coaches, players, fans and everyone in between. *Pep helps set up kitten tent and passes out sippy cups.*
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Miss Pepper! :-h Thanks you very muchy for the blue ribbon you sent me. I gots it hanging in my station in Cheffy Skools. All the other little cheffy students is so jealous, mol. :)) Cowboy and Allie helps me todays, prepares the foodies, buts I had to keep smackin their little paws, mol, they kept tryin to steals some of the shrimpys. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    edited 8 November, 2010
    *Bump helps kittens set up Dallas chairs, tables and Dallas flags, they are still, our team, and sets up the big screen TV in the kitten tent, along with Roy Rogers movies, and alot of Dallas blankeys, for the little ones, gonna be cold tonight* *Cowboy and Allie proudly set out the peanut butter cookies they made today* Hey Allie, I hopes Miss Pepper doesn't see the cookies, mol, we can fill up on peanut butter cookies and hotty chocolates, mol. :))
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Oh no Y'all don't! *pep removes hidden cookies and hot chocolate thermoses* She fixes each kitten a plate with foods and sippy cups of hot chocolate. You will get y'all's cookies after you eat! Cowboy, you and Allie helped make some delish cookies. Cruiser, that was sweet you let them help. Toulouse thank you for the Pittsburg brew for us big kitties. Ready to watch You and Zoe's Steelers vs Chey's Bengals? Pepper slips into her Saints snuggie (Mommy) and sits in a Dallas chair (Daddy).
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Psssst Allie, Cowboy whispers, I hids one cookie, under the Dallas blankie, mol, Miss Pepper didn't see that one, mol. :)) *Cowboy, Cruiser and Allie snuggle under the Dallas blankies, and watches Roy Rogers movies, in the kitten tenty. * *Bump, Pepper, Zoe and Cheyanne, enjoy the hot cider, snuggle under their blankies, and gets ready for the game to start* :D :D :D *So Zoe, Bump asks, what do ya all think, about Cower being the new Dallas head coach?*
    edited 8 November, 2010
    A friendly vote! Who sould coach the Dallas Cowboys? We will track votes and at playoffs this season tally votes and announce this thread's winner of Head Coach of the Cowboys. Add comments of why or not why if you wish. I will give a trophy to the winner(s) at the tally of our votes for this thread's choice and a star to the winner(s) this coming season when 2011 starts or when a FINAL head coach is picked prior to 2011 season. Garrett was hired to be head coach (in training). He at this point is Interim Head Coach. He may or may not remain head coach.
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Allie: Gruden Pepper: Gruden Starting spread sheet... 2 votes Gruden
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Commentators have suggested: Jason Garrett Jon Gruden Bill Cowher Herm Edwards Tony Dungy (says he will not) Jimmy Johnson ( has said he has refused it twice already) Add your own pick
    edited 8 November, 2010
    *Pep settles kittens for the night. Gives them each a couple cookies and a final sippy cup of hot chocolate*
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 November, 2010
    *finds a cookie to munch on* Thanks for the trophy, Bumpurr. :D I\'m not going to rub it in. GB didn\'t even need to be there, Dallas lost all by itself. ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Woo HOOOOOOO!%:D% Go Steelers! Any cookies left? I'm posting from the phone so I have a free paw.:)
    edited 8 November, 2010
    I wish Darth Cheyanne was here......I'd put my Yoda costume back on and we'd have another light-sabre match.
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Litterbox lumps! Mommy's fantasy team just took a huge hit thanks to T.O..... Oh, well.....at least the Steelers are still well ahead, and they need this win to stay ahead of the Blackbirds. Pepper, is there any hot chocolate left?
    edited 8 November, 2010
    Oh my katz, what a claw-biter that was!:-O *limps home on sore paws* Ow ow ow ow ow ow.......
    edited 9 November, 2010
    Week 9 1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers 21 Atlanta Falcons 27 Miami Dolphins 10 Baltimore Ravens 26 Chicago Bears 22 Buffalo Bills 19 New Orleans Saints 34 Carolina Panthers 3 New England Patriots 14 Cleveland 34 New York Jets 23 Detroit Lions 20 OT San Diego Chargers 29 Houston Texans 23 Arizona Cardinals 24 Minnesota Vikings 27 OT 4:05 pm New York Giants 41 - Seattle Seahawks 7 Kansas City Chiefs 20 - Oakland Raiders 23 OT Indianapolis Colts 24 - Philadelphia Eagles 26 8:20 pm Dallas Cowboys 7 - Green Bay Packers 45 Monday November 8 8:30 pm Pittsburgh Steelers 27 - Cincinnati Bengals 21
    edited 9 November, 2010
    Cowher said no today. Bump - Gruden Cowboy - Gruden Cruiser - Gruden Will have to write my editoral later, mol, gotta go eat. Ah..... this has been a heck, of a couple of days, but controversy is nothing new, to the Dallas Cowboys, mol. :))
    edited 9 November, 2010
    THU, NOV 18 TIME 8:20 (ET) Chicago Bears at Miami Dolphins SUN, NOV 21TIME 1:00 (ET) Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings Washington Redskins at Tennessee Titans Arizona Cardnials at Kansas City Cheifs Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals Baltimore Ravens at Carolina Panthers Cleveland Browns at Jacksonville Jaguars Oakland Raiders at Pittsburgh Steelers Houston Texans at NY Jets 4:05 Seattle Seahawks at New Orleans Saints Tampa Bay Bucks at San Francisco 49ers Atlanta Falcons at St. Louis Rams Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots 8:20 NY Giants at Philadelphia Eagles MON, NOV 22 8:30 (ET) Denver Broncos at San Diego Chargers
    edited 10 November, 2010
    THIS IS WEEK 10. THE ABOVE IS WEEK 11. DISREGARD THE ABOVE SCHEDULE. Week 10 THU, NOV 11 (ET)8:20 PM Baltimore Ravens at Atlanta Falcons SUN, NOV 14 TIME (ET)1:00 PM Detroit Lions at Buffalo Bills Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears NY Jets at Cleveland Browns Tennessee Titans at Miami Dolphins Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis Colts Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Bucks 4:05 PM Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals Dallas Cowboys at NY Giants St. Louis Rams at San Francisco 49ers 8:20 PM New England Pats at Pittsburgh Steelers MON, NOV 15 (ET) 8:20PM Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 November, 2010
    Oh, Bummer! We forgot the Thursday game. :(:n:
    edited 13 November, 2010
    Miss Pepper, Miss Pepper! :-h *Cruiser jumps up and down* ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ I needs your helpy, our assignment for Cheffy School is to prepares a TG dinner, it has to be done by the Wed before TG. Everybody is going to do the normal turkey and stuffing, I wants mine to be different and specials, can you please helps me at the tailgate party on Sunday? :-k We is gonna share what we all made, and has a TG dinner on Wed, then we is gonna donate the leftovers, to the Rescue Mission, I thoughts of that one. =; We missed you at the late late show, Mr Gimli saids ya had to go visit your grandpa, and Miss Marina took good cares of us kittens, she mades us something called samores, we loved them, and we mades a mess, we hads marshmellowys and chocolates all over us, mol, and Miss Marina wiped our little paws and faces. See ya at the tailgate party on Sun! ;c; your little pal Cruiser :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    edited 13 November, 2010
    I will have my Family Recipe books with me tomorrow and we will brainstorm you the best TG dinner ever!
    edited 14 November, 2010
    *Pep and Allie set up grill, tent, and buffet table. Has sippy cups and bibs ready for kittens* Pepper sets out detailed TG recipes for Cruiser to look over: Turducken - Chicken Stuffed Duck Stuffed Turkey Stuffed crown roast Whole Roasted Rib-Eye Roll (stuffed) This will get us started;)
    edited 14 November, 2010
    Hi Miss Pepper! :-h What is a crown roast? It sounds pretty elegants, I thinks I would likes to go with that ones. My grandma is going to let me borrow her real valuable and real old china and forks/knifes/spoons ets, they is real pretty, the plates gots blue flowers on them and the utensils gots this real pretty silver patter, that is real old too. And, she is gonna lets me borrow her real good linen tablecloth and napkinys. She tolds me, if I spills anything on it, I gets coal in my stocking...... so I is gonna be a very goody boy. :)) What else can I serves? :-k And I needs to asky a favor, I needs a grown up with me, and Bump usually goes, but he gots to take Cowboy in for a shotty, which he don't know about, mol, could you please come, and be my grown up kitty? It would be an honor, to have you see me presents my TG dinner to the Cheffy teacher. =D> *Bump unloads Cowboy and Cruiser's Dallas stuff, tables, chairs, flags, in time for the Dallas tailgate party* *Cruiser brought hotdogs and hamburges for the kittens, and baby back ribs for the adults* *Cowboy brings some crackers, peperonis and cheeses to snacks on and the dippy that comes in the bread bowl* We is ready for the game!!!!! ;c; ~a~ |$| :P ;P ~b~ =; *Cowboy, Allie and Cruiser start throwing the frisbee around*
    edited 14 November, 2010
    Week 10 THU, NOV 11 (ET)8:20 PM Baltimore Ravens -21 Atlanta Falcons =26 SUN, NOV 14 TIME (ET)1:00 PM Detroit Lions=12 Buffalo Bills =14 Minnesota Vikings=13 Chicago Bears =27 NY Jets =26 Cleveland Browns =20 OT Tennessee Titans =17 Miami Dolphins =29 Cincinnati Bengals =17 Indianapolis Colts =23 Houston Texans =24 Jacksonville Jaguars =31 Carolina Panthers =16 Tampa Bay Bucks =31