Football Kitties Please READ THIS One, and ignore the other football posts :-)

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 11 September, 2010
    Welcome Toulouse! :-h Catster fleas ate the other 2 posts, and kitties were getting confused, mol, so Catster just shut down the other 2 for me, mol. :D So, tried to put all the info in here, so we just have one post, and ans any questions that come up. :D Pittsburgh is in the North Division, so you go in the North, where you join Apollo, Athena, Aragorn, Zoe, Cheyanne, Ruben and Gordy. Apollo was asking about you last night, mol. I take picks for the Sun games, until Sun at high noon, EST. So, its not too late. Lot of kitties didn't play the Thurs game, so don't even worry about it. I haven't even sent my picks to Apollo yet, well, for Sun, to keep this on the up and up, mol. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    Thanks ever so much, Cowboy...we felt so out of the loop. Daddy loves to play every season on the Catster FB Pool, but mommy is so clueless about these things! At least we know what division we are in now, and daddy will do the picks every week. This will be fun!!!..So, if we pick a loser, now it will affect more kitties than just us? Will it affect everyone in our division? Ah oh...but daddy is usually pretty good!!! Phew You are nice to be so patient with us! Thanks again, Gysmo
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    Hi everyone! So glad to see us all getting together again! :-h|:|
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    Roxanne! I've always played the pool -- not the Saints, though (sorry, Pepper) -- it's the Green Bay Packers!!!!!!!!!!!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; Purrs, Peace and Packers, Aragorn
    Pepper said it best, so glad to see all the football kittys from last year, missed all the "trash talk" mol. :)) :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h Thanks Gysmo and every other kitty, for participating in the football pool, and being patient, with the new rules. After a couple of weeks, it will be much clearer, mol. =D>=D>=D>=D>=D> I love football, been a Dallas fan since I was a little kid and I love doing this football pool! I wanted to make it fun for all kitties, and more than just picking teams every week. What teams/games you pick, every week, as in, the winners of each game you pick, affects you, the other kitties in your division, as well as kitties in other divisions. You stay in whatever Division you are in, for the whole season. For example, suppose in Week 1, Bumpurr got 10 games right and 6 games wrong. His division record would be 10-6, and suppose in that same Week 1, Allie, who is also in the East, along with Bump, got 12 games right and 4 games wrong. Her division record would be 12-4, she would be in first place in her division, Bump would be in second place, in the same division. Its the same for each kitty, the games they get right, is their W (Win) and the games they got wrong, is their L (Loss). Kitties have to win their Division, or be a Wild Card, which is the best W - L second place record, of all the Divisions, to be able to advance to the playoffs. Its the same way the NFL does it. Suppose, at the end of the season, and this is just hypathetical, Pepper's W - L Division record is 100-20, and Bumps is 99-21. Pepper won the East Division and gets to advance to the playoffs, but suppose, the other 2nd place kitties in other Divisions W-L record is 98-22, Bump advances to the playoffs as a Wild Card. Its the same for each Division. Division winners and 2 Wild Cards advance to the playoffs. So what you do, in your own Division, is important, and at the end of the season, your Division record is important, as it might make the difference in going on as a Wild Card, or staying home. Will get into the playoff senerio, as the end of the season gets closer, and by then, this will make more sense, mol. Every game you pick, every week, is very important, mol. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • edited 11 September, 2010
    Hmmm...well, Cowboy seems to have explained the Divisions pretty well. We are getting less confused. Woo woo...tomorrow is the first day, so we hope everyone is getting out their gear. I can provide the infamous nip-nog for The Losers\' Corner. Great to see all the cats \'n\' kits we have missed for a long time! In those famous words: May the Winner Win!
    Sorry, meant Allie, not Pepper. Allie and Bump are in the same division, Pepper is in another division, mol. :)) Just a reminder, if there are kitties in the same family that are playing, please send in each kitties pick in their own name, its easier to keep tract of, mol, and I don't always remember, which kitties are "brothers/sisters" mol. :D I expect some confusion in the first week or so, then it make more sense, mol. :D And......... Allie will donate a Saints pillow, for the Losers Corner, mol, mol, mol. :)):)):)):)):)):)):))
    And I Pepper shall donate a Cowboys mat to wipe little paws off before entering the Loser's tent! :)) Oh my, which zealie shall I pick for TG game win?:-k ;c;;c;%:D%;c;;c; Also will have some grilled kabobs: shrimp, beef, chicken, and pork to eat for the games.
  • Karen ParsonsKaren Parsons GriffithMember Posts: 821
    I think I want to play...but I is confused...I need to make my picks and if I forget to one week, then I lose a bunch of points...right? So I must make sure to do my picks to avoid that, right? Well, I will give it a try! I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan...sign me up!;c;
    Pepper, MOL! :)) I did truly, laugh out loud at that one, very good one. :)) Minka, welcome! :-h Cincinnati is in the North Division, so you are in the North, you stay in the North for the whole season. Yup, if you miss a week, your W (Win) record would fall behind the other kitties in your Division, affects your chances of making the playoffs. :D I do believes, the kitties are starting to understand all this, mol, I is so proud of all you kitties, mol. =D> Minka, you are such a cutie pie little kitten! %:D% Cowboy will prob pick the Christmas tree zealie, when he wins the TG game, mol, same zealie he picked, when Dallas beat New Orleans, down in the Big Easy, and.......ah........ knocked them out of the un-beaten ranks. Miami fans everywhere, Cheered, mol. ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; Pepper might want to guard that Saints blanket, heard Allie and Daddy, got plans for it, after Pepper and Mommy go beddy byes, mol, seems they are sending it to the Losers Corner, so Saints fans will have some comfort, as they sit in the Losers Corner, and wonder why, they lost to Dallas at TG, mol, mol, mol. :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    Oh, Cowboy....I will gladly take little Ember under my wing :c9 He will be safe and happy with us in Kitty Heaven. And Jacques...."In those famous words: May the Winner Win!".....is that a quote by John Madden? Sounds like something he'd say:))
    Cowboy, thank you for clearing that up! And BTW....the "catch" is referred to in Pittsburgh as The Immaculate Reception. In fact, at the Pittsburgh International Airport, there is a life-size replica of Franco Harris making that catch. It is indeed a significant event on Pittsburgh history.
    Yayyyy, Gysmo is here!! :xo: Cowboy, Rox and I will send picks tomorrow morning. She will root for the Saints so I suppose you can put her in the South.
    edited 12 September, 2010
    Zoe, thanks! I knew it wasn't "the catch", that was the Dallas - San Francisco game, but the Franco Harris catch name, escaped me, mol. :-h Welcome Roxanne! :-h You go in the South Division. So many kitties have joined, will post a re-do of who is in what divisions. And thank you, for watching over little Ember, just can't understand, how he and Coal got rescued by the nicey DPW peoples, from gettin ate by a possum and gettin squished by the DPW trucks, gets taken to a wonerful foster mommy, only to not make it, just does not seem fair. Don't understand, why G would let him get rescued, only to take him away.......sigh. I cried that whole week, got so attached to little Ember and Coal. Now his foster mommy is saying if no one adopts him, she is giving him to Petland, which really upsets me, he gonna be stuck in a little cage, and I know how Petland does not, take care of their animals, and they get the puppies from puppy mills. Oh well, Coal is not mine, its her decision, have to try and distance myself from him, and just pray, he finds a home. Anyhow, thank you Roxanne, for watching over little Ember, at least he won't have to go to Petland. Picks must be rec'd by high noon EST today, and I gotta send our picks to Apollo, to keep this on the up and up, mol, then its off to the laundromat, mol. :D
  • Elaine SarpolaElaine Sarpola KapoleiMember Posts: 910
    Aloha to good old football pool buddies Cowboy, Apollo, Athena, Aragorn, Pepper, Annabelle, Jacques & Cole - go niners!!!, Pepper, Bumpurr & Cruiser, and Chey!!!!!!! Also wanted to welcome the new members with open paws, everyone here is great! I\'ve missed you guys and I\'m so glad that football season is finally here! I am ready for some football! I\'m hopeful that this year is the 49ers year!!!! ;c;;c;;c; Thanks for handling the pool this year Cowboy. The rules sound alot more like the NFL rules, so mom is really excited! Of course, mom and I are rooting for the SF 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gooooooo niners!!!!!!!!!! Dad is a New England Patriot fan, but he is out numbered in this household! How does it work since my parents have different teams?
    Hi Abbey!!! :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h Yup, missed talking footyball with all the kitties, mol, so glad you joined us! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; You pick your favorite team, whatever Division they are in, thats the Division you go in, and you stay in the same Division, for the whole season. Bump, Cowboy and Cruiser are die hard Dallas fans, Dallas is in the East Division, so they go in the East. Miranda is a Miami fan, I am pretty sure, mol, she ain't on the list yet, mol, altho Roxanne is, and Miami is in the East Division, so Miranda goes in the East. :)) Altho we have alot of kitties, not enough to split them NFC - AFC, this way we get a good amount of kitties in Divisions, so will have some good competition this season, it will be alot of fun!! Tried to keep it as close to how the NFL does it. =; I know it was confusing for some kitties, mol, but most are getting the jist of how it works now, I am so proud of them, mol. Will get into how the playoffs work, later in the season, when I am sure all kitties understand this, don't want to confuse them further, with more stuff, that won't happen for awhile. :)) ***Miranda***** ya ain't on the list yet, mol, its Miami right? Roxanne is all signed up, she is South. :-k :D
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    Thanks for explaining, Bump... makes more sense now! Can't wait for the games today. Human is wearing her "Even God Hates The Steelers" shirt. ~a~~a~~a~GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BENGALS!!!!~a~~a~~a~
    Chey....believe it or not, we're rooting for the Bengals today. (Daddy hates the Patriots) But just today.
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    Hi Everyone!:-h Boy we sure do have a nice crowd participating in the pool! Let\'s all give Cowboy a big round of applause for all the work he\'s doing! =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D> Well I hope you got my picks Cowboy. I\'m really getting excited now that kick off time is around the corner! Enjoy the games and I hope all your teams win! Hmmm is that possible?:-k GO STEELERS!!!!! ~a~
    Huggies everyfur! So happy to see y'all! *Pep puts out trays with shrimp/pork/beef/chicken kabobs* Good Luck everypurr! I am interested in how the Bengals play. Here is a Cowboys mat to wipe your little footies on if anyone enters the Loser's tent!:D Thank you Cowboy and Family for getting us set up. Now...ARE WE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
    *Allie brings in ice cream and her tent with toys (decorated for the Cowboys) for the younger kits to play and not disturb anyone* I have footballs for all of the teams and crinkle balls in all the team colors! Good Luck to everyfur!!!!;c;
  • edited 12 September, 2010
    *waves to Angelkit Roxanne* I first heard \"May the Winner Win\" from Gysmo, I think!! It has such wisdom...it could have been Gysmo or John Madden. Looks great around here!
    Thanks kitties!! That was very nice of ya all, to say that, and it was very much appreciated!! :-h I loved putting this together, I know its been confusing for some kitties, and its been kinda hectic this week, getting all the kittes in the right Divisions, and making sure all kitties understand how it works, should be a little calmer next week, mol. :)) Sent Bump's, Cowboy's and Cruiser's picks to Apollo this morn, to keep this honest. :)) Some kitties got their picks in, a little late, but it was still before the 1;00 games started, so they are still legal. So will change the due time, to it has to be before the 1;00 games start EST, as I know we are all busy, and have stuff to do on the weekends, and trying to make it easier for all the kitties. Everybody OK with the new due time? :D I just got back from the laundromat, mol, and kittens helped me make the bed, mol, Bump, he sits in the laundry basket, on the clean clothes, and "supervises" mol. :)):D Cheyanne, MOL, made me remember, when I got to see a Dallas game in person, at Pittsburgh, it was like a 7 hr drive, took my truck with all my Dallas stuff on it and wore my Dallas shirt. Everybody told me, the Steeler fans will "kill" you and smash up your truck. :-O Steeler fans walking around with shirts that said F*** Dallas, and some even worse, that I can't put in here, mol, I thought, ya, maybe they are going to kill me, mol. :-O I had to sit in the middle of a bunch of Steeler fans, but, they were very nice to me, didn't bother me, it was all good natured teasing. I also did not go overboard on cheering, didn't want to give them a reason to start. :)) Dallas beat Pittsburgh that game. ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; Figured my truck was a gonner, Dallas plates, Dallas stuff all over it, and the Pittsburgh police are gonna say "so?" :? Got to the parking garage, there it was, sitting all by itself, safe and sound. Have to say, I was very well treated in Pittsburgh. :D Cowboy and Allie are bringing, Saints napkins, so all messy kities, can wipe their messy faces, with them, mol, mol, mol. Cowboy, Cruiser and Allie are going to play, in the Dallas tent, with the Dallas toys. :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) Bump is going to wear his shirt that says: Cowboys Knocked Saints Out Of The Un-Beaten Ranks MOL :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) Enjoy! :D
    ;c;;c;Texans Won! Beat the Colts!!;c;;c; That would be just TOO MUCH... (I will be fair) a Total Texas Superbowl or a Texas vs La Superbowl. Either way... life would never be the same in this area!
    Aloha Jaques and Cole! Looks like it's just us again this year for our 49ers. Gooooooooooo niners!!!!!!!!!! ;c;;c;;c;;c; Thanks again for handling everything Cowboy! Did you receive my pmail with all my picks?
    Aloha Pepper! Mahalo or thank you for bringing the tasty yum-yums! My stomach is remembering all of the goodies you always provide for the football paw-ties! You rock Pepper! ;c;;c;;c;
    Houston wins one game, and ya all already, got them in the Super Bowl, mol. :)) Houston has to play Dallas, in week 3, gonna be the battle of Texas! ;c; Week 1 - 1;00 game results ================= Cleveland - 14 Tampa Bay - 17 Miami - 15 Buffalo - 10 Cincinnati -24 New England - 38 Indianapolis - 24 Houston - 34 Denver - 17 Jacksonville - 24 Atlanta - 9 Pittsburgh - 15 Oakland - 13 Tennessee - 38 Carolina - 18 NY Giants - 31 Detroit - 14 Chicago - 19
    *cleans sweat off forehead*..Whew! The Steelers just barely pulled that one out.
    Yayyy, the Dolphins won!! And Ronnie Brown helped Mommy's fantasy team%:D%
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    Wow, it is so good to see everyone! And look at that food! Best part of watching football isn't it? *giggles* That sure was a close game for Pittsburgh wasn't it! I wasn't sure if anyone was going to make a touchdown in the whole game! I must say that Dixon sure did show Big Ben a thing or two didn't he?:)) Oh, I shouldn't feel that way should I? Oh Bumpurr, you never know what to expect when you go to a Steeler game! Fans can be pretty rowdy but on the whole.... Pittsburgh is a pretty cool city! I am glad that you were treated well! =; Well so far I have won 5 games and lost 5 *giggles* The day isn't over yet! More football still coming up! Can I get anyone something to snack on?