that\'s why you are awesome Alex

Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
edited 20 September, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Well, I almost dropped the can! Don't ask me how the heck I missed the wheat gluten on that turkey can. (must have been a day I forgot my reading glasses):r. Luckily I only hagotten a couple 3 oz cans of that, and I had only 1 left whew! Tigger will eat pretty much anything, and Smithwick is proving to be an industrial vaccum, so the prob I have with switching is Miss Maizy. In reality is it better not to give her any wet or at least one she willl eat a bit off that is not the best but grain free? I had started her on that when she was little, I never knew what I know now, but since then I have tried so many different wet foods with her. SHe will have no chunks, no gravy, no slices, no firm pate. I truly cannot believe how much junk food is out there. I pick up a can & think this will be good, then start reading - um no. I did get a can of the Natural Balance duck for them to try. I have no idea what the texture is like. We shall see how miss picky-pants reacts to that. ps - when I went to get the pro plan cans, they have new flavors - salmon with carrots & tomato chunks & pasta....sounds yummy FOR PEOPLE. Tomatoes? pasta?really? Thanks for the info Alex, I guess it is time for me to do some more homework! :h:

Comments

• Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 9 September, 2010
    :)) OH MY! Thanks for the compliment Tigger, you're soooo sweet! :c9. Believe me, my momma still makes her share of mistakes! It's impossible for our humans to be perfect all the time and always catch everything. It's just so great though that your mom has gotten into the habit of reading labels. As frustrating as it is, because you're so right on the junk food issue! Jeez! I saw that too, about the pasta and tomatoes and stuff. First off, Finney and Lacey can't stand peas, (neither can my mom, LOL), and I know quite a few other kitties here that don't like them either. I think Hunter picks them out of his food as well. So why do they keep adding them? So pointless, at least puree them if you're going to put them in their food. What I usually tell everyone is to make a list on your computer that you can hang on the fridge. A list of all the foods and flavors they've tried and actually LIKED. So you don't have to keep trying to remember them and keep track of what each kitty wants or will eat. You could also add a section on the sheet for ingredients they don't like to keep better track of it, allergies to ingredients or anything like that. Why must we kitties make things so difficult for our meowmies? Because we CAN, that's why!!!::o
  • Kelly M-Kelly M- Member Posts: 779
    edited 9 September, 2010
    I agree Tigger, Alex is awesome!! I can't tell you how many times Alex's mommy gave my mom advise! She is great! Its even better that we live close to Alex's mom so she can give us locations of great places to get food! Alex is right about me not liking peas. I pick them out of my food, along with carrots and pieces of pumpkin. I push them to the side and leave a little pile of veggies for my mom to throw away for me. This only happens with the Weruva food though. If I find peas in any other food, I'll eat it. Weird huh? But I have to say, Thank you Alex's mommy, for all of the advice, pawmails oh and your newsletter!! Mom is so glad she has someone to talk to about me. I am one picky boy! :) %:D%=D>
    edited 9 September, 2010
    awwww shucks! You guys make my momma sooo very happy! We're so glad to help all of you and VERY glad to help keep you healthy! We don't want any of you kitties to get sick like I did. No way! We are determined to help your moms give you a much better life than I had. Wow, we're having a good day today! Thanks you guys for making my mommy feel like dancing! ~a~ she needs those days to offset the ones where there's so many sick kitties it makes her sad. This is really wonderful. |$|
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 9 September, 2010
    We agree - 3 cheers for Alex's mom! When I first started researching nutrition I kept wishing for one website that listed all the healthy foods. Then my wish came true when Alex joined Catster!! Thanks for everything you do, Alex's mommy.
    edited 9 September, 2010
    I gotta tell you guys, this is one pawsome evening I'm having thanks to all of you! Feels really good to know we're helping, even in the smallest ways! Means everything to my mommy and me! And cheers to you 3 also. You help my momma so much with all kinds of stuff and most of all support! Hip hip hurray! ;c; Group hug! LOLO|:|
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    edited 9 September, 2010
    Go Alex and Mom! ;c; And go ibdkitties.net!!! ;c;|/h/|;c;
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 10 September, 2010
    =;=;=;|:|
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 12 September, 2010
    I know that we are a little late to this Pawsome Alex party but Misty and I both think that Alex's mommy is Paw-sitivly Paw-some too! we have really learned alot about foods and health and all sorts of things. |:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:|
    edited 12 September, 2010
    Hi Annabelle you gorgeous girl! Better late than never at a party I always say! Thank you so much. We really appreciate your momma adding Whispers to the site. We know it was hard but it will help other kitties. Whispers is here with me and doing just fine, she wants you to know that. Meowmy says thank you for all the great loving from you and Shadow also! We hope we're doing a good job of giving it right back to all of you. |/a/|
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 13 September, 2010
    Psst, Miss Maizy, the Natural Balance is a kinda mushy pate, really good for mixing with kibble if need be. ;)
  • Kelly M-Kelly M- Member Posts: 779
    edited 15 September, 2010
    Mom and I want to say Thank you to Alex's mommy. She recommended mom buy Eagle Pack transition to help with my pickiness. Well, Its been a day and a half and I have licked the bowl clean everytime mom feeds me! I even chow down on my kibble! YAY!!! Even yesterday mom noticed how shiny my coat is! All because of some little powder mom puts in my food. Mom found out today that she doesn't need to put it in my food. it tastes so good, mom just put some on the counter and I lap it up! THANK YOU ALEX'S MOM!!! ;c;=;:h:|/h/|%:D%;c;=D>
    Wow! That's so great Hunter! Although I'd still put it on the food to make sure you eat the whole thing. But I had a feeling that because you were on antibiotics before, that you needed some healthy bacteria. It doesn't matter how long ago you took the antibiotics, it kills ALL bacteria, good and bad. It's amazing what a little bit of healthy flora will do for you all around isn't it? That's excellent news Hunty! I'm so happy for you and for your momma who worries so much about you. She's a terrific mom and just wants you to be healthy and happy and so do we! ~a~
  • Diane HooperDiane Hooper Member Posts: 314
    Alex IS pawsome! ;c;~a~|$|=D>:h:=D>:h:=D>:h:=D>:h:=D>:h:=D>:h:
    LOLO, thanks Pookie! You're pawsome too. We can't wait to put your story up on the site soon also!
  • Linda AbramsLinda Abrams Joanna, SC 29351Member Posts: 555 ✭✭
    Our Mom checks the site almost every day. She carries around a list of foods from it in her bag so she can check if it\'s on the list. XOXO Tia and Charley =D>
    Tai are you on our mailing list for updates and the newsletter? If not and you'd like to be, just send me a pawmail with your personal email (I never, ever give it out and nobody even sees it!), and your momma's full name and I'll be glad to send you info I just sent out this week with lots of links and resources for stuff. I do that all the time. So glad you're enjoying the site and it helps you and your mom and Charley. That's pawsome news!;c;
  • Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 19 September, 2010
    Hey Alex, have you seen the grain-free dry from By Nature? It\'s not on your list, so just wondering if it\'s brand new or there was something in it you don\'t like? :-k I almost got it at the store today but figured I should stick to a known food for now since Isabelle is having some tummy issues at the moment. Maybe next time :) http://www.bynaturepetfoods.com/productpages/grainfree.php
    edited 19 September, 2010
    Hi Isabelle! I just checked it (thank you for the link BTW) and I remember now why I didn't like this food. Some foods are grain free but still have very questionable ingredients to me and I just won't include those. That one has not only a ton of starch and veggies but it has extra salt, yeast culture and brewers yeast which is so very, very bad for allergies and food sensitivities. I think I also remember trying this food a long time ago (when I wasn't an angel of course) and I didn't like it at all. Blech! But that's why my momma won't include it. She says it's not that great and she'd rather not. That's pawsome that you decided to wait and ask first. Sometimes there are ingredients such as the ones I listed above that just shouldn't be added at all. How about Nature's Variety or even some of the Petguard ones I have listed? Finney and Lacey eat those all the time!=;
  • Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 20 September, 2010
    Ah, good thing I asked! I need to make a trip to a boutique store here soon and I'll try a bag of Nature's Variety. For now we're doing Blue Buffalo Wilderness. I've been trying different wet kinds, too, but never fails that the "good" kinds are a no-go with my little feline! :) Thanks Alex! =;