Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Weruva Cat Cuisine Recommendations

ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
edited 18 September, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
:-h For those that eat Weruva, what is your favorite recipe of the grainfree choices? We eat Wellness cans & pouches and love it but Mommy was thinking of buying some Weruva for us to try to see if we liked it and maybe have it for one of our meals. She thought the food looked interesting and the company seemed like a good company. We eat small meals thru the day so splitting a 3oz can works out really good for us. Has anyone had any problems eating Weruva or didn't like it at all? Thanks Friends!! |:|

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 13 September, 2010
    http://www.weruva.com I liked Paw Lickin Chicken and Mack and Jack :) Some people feel that Weruva is too much water (gravy) with very little food so it's not worth the money :?
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 13 September, 2010
    :-h Hi Angel Merlin! Mommy was looking over their website last night. Very nicely done! I thought the Paw Licken Chicken looked good in the picture. I'm glad to hear you like it in purrson. Thanks for your recommendations!! Do they have dogs and cats eating the same recipes? Thank you for letting me know the concern some have. That way Mommy isn't shocked if there is alot of gravy. It does have a high water content. I wouldn't want to be eating only this food but if we are adding it as just a part of our mealplan it might be yummy. Edited to add: Oh I see, the same names to the recipes but the ingredients a little different such as the needed taurine for cats.
  • Kelly M-Kelly M- Member Posts: 779
    edited 14 September, 2010
    I eat Weruva everyday for breakfast!! Its real chicken!! Yum! Its the only chicken I'll eat. Once you have real chicken, its almost no going back to the processed stuff! :)) At first I had a hard time eating it. I was used to everything pate style and Weruva is shredded. Mom actually had to cut it up for me so I would actually eat it. Now I'm a pro! No problems at all. %:D% My absolute favorite is Cat on the Wok. Its shredded chicken and beef together! It has pumpkin and carrots too, although I don't eat those. I leave a little pile of veggies on my plate so mom can throw away. Other ones I like are PawLicken chicken, Steak Frites, Nine Liver. There is Grandmas Soup that is also grain free, but eeh not a fan of it. Has some sort of weird tasting broth that I don't like. Mom doesn't buy it for me anymore. If you're eating grain free be careful, they're not all grain free. Check out the website. It'll say on the bottom of the ingredients if its Grain free or not. Oh and I haven't had any of the fish. Mom won't let me. :-/ Hope you like it, I love my Weruva!! ;c; FYI I think the 3 oz cans are only 85 calories I think. Not a lot. So it might be a good snack, not so much a decent meal. I buy the 5.5 cans so it works for breakfast. :)
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Our favorite from Weruva is Paw Lickin Chicken~ love it!! :D
  • Linda AbramsLinda Abrams Joanna, SC 29351Member Posts: 555 ✭✭
    We like the Paw Liking Chicken and the Funky Chunky chicken. In fact we like all of their chicken offerings. We even eat the pumpkin and peas. We don't particularly like Outback Grill - which is pretty fortunate because we don't get it often. The fish is in fairly large (for Wervua) chuncks and there isn't any gravy, just sort of a jelly. Hope this helps.
    =D> Thank you Merlin, Hunty, Tasha & Charley-Bleau Eyes!! Mommy is going to order a case of the Paw Lickin Chicken since so many of you love it. We have alot of the same tastes as Tasha on things so I think we will like it too! It will just be split as a mini meal for us before bed. We love the chunks and pate so it will be good to add shredded also. There are veggies in the Wellness pouches and we love them! Mommy actually thought the Weruva Chunky Chicken dish looked best but that one isn't grain free. Mommy doesn't give us fish so it sounds like Paw Lickin we will be doing!! I appreciate you taking the time to post your recommendations. I'll let you know what Zack and I think of the new food. ~a~ Mommy just ordered it on Amazon and it will be here tomorrow! :c9
    Has anycat tried Peking Ducken? Green Eggs & Chicken? Those look interesting too. But we've never had duck before. One is a duck and chicken recipe and both of those are also grainfree. Mommy must be hungry!! :))
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    Zoey :-h I love the Paw Lickin Chicken! The gravy is yumptious! A few of my teefies are missing and mommy cuts up the chicken to make it easier for me to eat. I also like the chicken with chicken livers and the one with beef in it but can't think of their names. The only ones I don't like are the ones with all the veggies in them. Mack & Jack and Mideast Feast are very yummy too. They are fishy meals and good for a treat meal now and then. :D
    :-h Thank you Kaci Sunshine for sharing your reviews on the Weruva Recipes!! I love the names they call their recipes. So cute! Sounds like the Paw Lickin Chicken is a favorite here. Can't wait to try it and if we like, it then Mommy said we can try some of the other recipes too. :^:
  • Kelly M-Kelly M- Member Posts: 779
    I tried Peking Duck once. Wasn't a fan of it. it smelled funny. And the green eggs one? I don't remember but there is a reason mom won't buy it for me. :)
    Thank you Hunter for that info! Maybe best for us to just to stick to the Paw Lickin Chicken then getting into the duck and the green eggs. We did try another recipe of the Wellness Pouches and loved it so if we don't for some reason like the Weruva, we have plenty we do love to eat. :D
    edited 15 September, 2010
    :-h Mommy opened a can of the Paw Lickin Chicken for us to try. When she opened it up, she did find it very soupy. Hard to split something like that and know how many calories you are getting. But she put a little of the shredded chicken and sauce in each of our bowls. :D YUM! I gobbled it down. Zack ate all his too right away. He ate his thoughtfully wondering what this shredded meal was. :)) So we both loved it. Mommy is giving us only a little bit each day for a few days to make sure it agrees with Zack and he doesn't get loose poopies on it. I've read that some do. Zack jumped up on the counter afterwards looking for more. He had his nose in the air because he could still smell it. If this ends up agreeing with Zack (his poops are excellent when eating only the Wellness) then we can have it for one of our many small meals everyday. Mommy is happy that we seem to enjoy all consistencies of food. Pate, chunks and now shredded. =D> Mommy did think that the outside of the can was really cute and was probably the best look of can of any food she has seen. Again, thank you for your help! |:|
  • Patricia HeilPatricia Heil IpswichMember Posts: 14
    edited 16 September, 2010
    Lotus and Bamboo love all of the flavors of WeRuVa we have tried (all but 2 I think). They love food in general though and are not picky at all. Today they are eating Mac and Jack. Stinky but it is gone fast;)I like that the cans are BPA free.
    edited 16 September, 2010
    :-h Hi Bamboo! Sounds like you love Weruva!! Weruva is a no go for us. Even though we both really liked the taste of it, Zack had terribly stinky mushy poo this morning. Sorry for the description! :r Certain foods do this to Zack. Mommy doesn't want to go thru this again for Zack's sake. So we are just going to stop eating it now while we are ahead. We'll donate it to charity. So back to the Wellness for us as that agrees with our tummies and gives us purrfect poos. :^:
  • Amy AnsaldiAmy Ansaldi Member Posts: 25
    edited 17 September, 2010
    Hi Zoey! :-h It's too bad that Weruva isn't going to work out for you guys! I started eating it about a month ago, and I love every single flavor, and I think I have tried them all. You had asked earlier about Peking Ducken and Green Eggs and Chicken. I love both of these flavors. My mommy says that this is the first food she had ever given me that I scarfed down immediately and went looking for more. My poop has been good on it too. Poor Zach! His tummy must be very sensitive! Purrs, Siggy
    edited 18 September, 2010
    :-h Hi Siggy! Thanks for your Weruva Reviews. It does sound like you love the food. And great about the duck & green eggs recipe being yummy! Yes, Zacky has had a sensitive stomach. Evo canned didn't agree with him either. But some foods he is fine on. Mommy was really suprised he could handle the Wellness so well as some cats have trouble with that food being too rich. But we'll go with what works for him. Bon Appetit!