Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Our Very Dear Friend Athena

Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
edited 25 October, 2010 in What I Love About Catster
Athena and her brother Apollo, adopted their mommy, when they were just kittens in a shelter. She suspected Athena may have been abused, and the lady that brought her in to the shelter, said her husband was going to shoot the kittens. That wonderful day, was the beginning of a beautiful and wonderful friendship and love affair. Athena watched over her mommy, when she was very sick, and never left her side, comforting her, as if to say, its OK mommy, I love you, I will watch over you. She loved to bring mousies in the house, as a present to her mommy. And watch TV with her mommy. Athena ran thru the house like a crazy girl, at warp speed, and attacked the table and chair legs, and kept them in line. When Athena looked her mommy in the eyes, their souls met, they were soul mates for life. Sadly, on October 16 2010, her mommy made the very couragous and heartbreaking decision, to end Athena's pain. Athena got to look at the night sky and see the beautiful stars, and smell the crisp night air. She looked at her mommy and said, its OK, I love you, I will always watch over you, from the Rainbow Bridge. Athena is at the Rainbow Bridge, with her brother Aragorn, until they meet their mommy someday. Athena and Aragorn will be playing in a beautiful sun drenched meadow, and will stop, and sniff, and look in the distance. They spot their mommy! Kitties and mommy run to each other, and the kitties jump in her arms, and she covers them in kisses and hugs. The soulmates have been re-united. Kitties, please raise your glasses, and pay tribute, to our very dear friend Athena. We all loved her so much, and we miss her very much. Please share your thoughts with her mommy and any stories you want to share with her. Here is her link. http://www.catster.com/cats/76205 Rest in peace, our very dear friend Athena, we miss you! your pals Bumpurr, Cowboy and Cruiser

Comments