Would this be an okay recipe?

I am thinking about switching my cats off of Royal Canin and on to a grain-free wet food. But, I was thinking I could make cat food myself! I guess that would be homecooking, right? I don't want to make kibble, but like a stew or something. I don't know a lot about this. I've always left nutrition up to Royal Canin. My cats have always done well on it. But, I will try something else. Here is what I was thinking of: Ground beef, beef liver, beef kidney, beef heart, beef tripe, bonemeal, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Boiling everything up, cooling and draining, adding bonemeal, then putting it all in a food processor/blender. My cats LOVE cranberries and pumpkin seeds, so I know these would go over just fine. What do you think?

Comments

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 23 November, 2010
    I assume you're in the same household as Jeanette so I think my answer is still relevant. I would be worried that cooking is depleting the nutrients from the meat and this would need to be supplemented. Plus you'd need to get your percentages of muscle meat, bonemeal and organs right before cooking. Personally I think raw is easier!