Chicken Stew

I want to add some variety to my cats' diet and was thinking of making a chicken stew for my cats. After reading some posts on here, I think I came up with a good recipe. I'm going to use ground chicken (with bone), chicken livers, chicken gizzards, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Would this be nutritionally complete? I don't plan on using it as an exclusive diet, but I thought they would like to have some variety in their diet. Jeanette loves boiled chicken breast!

Comments

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 23 November, 2010
    Are you thinking about cooking this? I'm not crazy about the idea cooking bone but if it's ground it might be ok. Is the chicken ground with all its organs? Because you've got liver in there but no "other" organ. And personally I don't see the point of the seeds and berries for an obligate carnivore. Sorry, the last thing I mean to do here is discourage you! But it's so important that your cat's diet is balanced. I would supplement this mixture for sure. And make sure your proportion of meat/bone/organs is right. Let me know if I can help in any way.