Cat Treat Recipes

I've been using freeze-dried chicken breast, beef, and bison as cat treats. I don't add anything to them at all. I freeze-dry all the treats myself. However, I'm looking for a bit of a change of pace for my kitties. I was thinking of using some cooked beef, basting it with vegetable oil, and then sprinkling some chicory root, sea salt, garlic, and a multi-vitamin/mineral powder on it. I was going to do the same with chicken, but maybe not use the vitamin supplement on the chicken. What do you think?

Comments

• Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 28 November, 2010
    Salt and garlic are big no-nos. Garlic is toxic. I do not know about the chicory root if that is even safe. If you want to use an oil use one that is an omega 3 fatty acid oil so at least it has some benefits to them. Salmon or cod oil are good choices. Some other members have good links for these. If its just a treat you should not need a multivitamin/mineral supplement, but if you do use one make sure it is for cats.