Ways to share the love of your cat?

Kristi BarfieldKristi Barfield CharlotteMember Posts: 75
edited 25 December, 2010 in Behavior & Training
This is something that I have been lightly thinking about off and on since we adopted Lynch and Nova about three months ago. Everyone who meets Lynch immediately falls in love with him - even non-cat-people! - and just can\'t help themselves from petting, hugging, and snuggling him! So I\'ve been thinking that, with the way people gravitate towards him and he seems to really make them happy, it might be nice if I could find a way to share that with other people. He is very calm, sweet, and cuddly. I never see him get angry, or frightened, and he is always happy to meet new people. (He\'s always right there when he hears a new voice, trying to figure out how to get to it. And he won\'t stop until they pet him at least once.) His warm, soft body and loud purring also seems to have extra theraputic qualities, even moreso than Nova. (Even though I do love having Nova snuggle on my lap, too! Lynch\'s presence just isn\'t as demanding. It\'s a lot more calming.) So, I guess I just wanted some advice. Would it be a good idea to look into making him a therapy kitty? Or are there other ways to share him, besides therapy? My main concern is that he is blind. Although, so far, he is not afraid at all of car rides, or new places and people - he is always very calm in the carrier, and very calm when he leaves the carrier. Do you guys think it would be okay to take him around to different places, or would it be too confusing and overwhelming for him - even if he does not get stressed? I don\'t plan on doing this any time in the immediate future, but it\'s just something I\'ve been thinking about. I\'d love to hear your thoughts! |^|

Comments

• ALLEYCATANGELALLEYCATANGEL Member Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited 25 December, 2010
    Mewow we think it sounds awsome that you can share the love. It seem like if car rides and new people and places do not stess him out then he might evern enjoy meeting new people. My grandmother was in an asissted living home for a few months and they had a moma cat and kittens on the grounds all the residents seemed to just love her. That might be a place to start. Maybe you could also ask your vet about it to and see what he/she says about the stress. Good luck I hope it works out.