Anxiety & other annoying behaviors....

Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
edited 29 December, 2010 in Behavior & Training
Pumpkin has been 'testing' our house (we are thinking of adopting her), for a few weeks now, she is an absolute love, but at the same time annoying as heck. She has separation anxiety I think, I have to stand right there while she eats if I move she will follow me, she has to be right there when we eat, jumps on the table/desk etc, even if I feed her while we are eating. She doesn't take no for an answer. I REALLY REALLY want her to stay, but if she doesn't knock it off, no way hubby's going to let her, she 'climbs' up us with her legs even though we have trimmed her nails. She has 5 other kitties (well 3 since DeeJay & Cedes are in solitary at the moment) to play with. She really likes Tigglet and it's perfect because they are the same size. How do I teach her boundaries? How do I teach her it's not okay to climb mom & dad using her claws? If you put her down, she just climbs/jumps right back up, especially if food is involved. She is such a love, she loves attention and loves to be right where we are.