Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Freeze dried food

Charlene luportCharlene luport NapaMember Posts: 1,094
edited 27 February, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
Recently started feeding the boys Grandma Lucy freeze dried food (2/13) and so far unless I mix in a tiny bit of can they look at me like I'm crazy. Any one else try this food?? I'm thinking of trying honest kitchen instead seems less potato laden. I'm thinking the boys are not liking the Grandma cause its kinda potato heavy and smells like re hydrated potato. Once I can get over to the pet store going to pick up some frozen raw see if I have better luck with that. Waiting on my sample to arrive of the honest kitchen. Tips greatly appreciated. Trying to get them off there dry.

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 26 February, 2011
    The Honest Kitchen Prowl isn't freeze dried. It's a deydrated raw food that you mix with water before feeding. You can add in frozen or homemade raw or even just plain raw meat to the rehydrated Prowl. Freeze dried kibble like Ziwi Peak or Grandma Lucy's are meant to be fed as-is. Then there's freeze dried raw. Some are nutrionally complete, others are supplement-only. Try crumbling up freeze dried raw on top of canned food :) Or a sprinkle a little of the dry Prowl on top.
  • Charlene luportCharlene luport NapaMember Posts: 1,094
    edited 27 February, 2011
    currently trying to locate prowl in my area and so far no luck may need to order on line. Waiting for the sample to get here first tho I know the brats will eat it. I knew the difference between the two grandmas was just easier to find but so far the boys are not liking the whole potato thing.
    edited 27 February, 2011
    Did you try the store locator function on The Honest Kitchen's web site? You can recommened a local pet store to carry the food as well. OnlyNaturalPet.com sells Prowl. Here's a coupon for 10% off any order at The Honest Kitchen's online store: http://www.catster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/701191 =;
  • Charlene luportCharlene luport NapaMember Posts: 1,094
    edited 27 February, 2011
    Shipping is the main issue with ordering online. I'm on a budget. I am going to check the pet food express next time I visit my mom and see if they carried it. My pet food express will also order it for me so may go that route. Just waiting for that sample so I know if the boys will eat it
  • Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 27 February, 2011
    I don't know if this place sells freeze dried but you can try the new site www.petflow.com. Shipping costs is very low. Also you could try onlynaturalpets.com. =;
    edited 27 February, 2011
    You can ask your pet store if they can special order the Prowl and maybe add it to their inventory. Many pet stores will order food they normally don't sell :)